The Student Room Group

i hate being a skinny girl! i'm so insecure :/

Scroll to see replies

negative body thoughts? I'm pretty sure most girls are thinking the same way you do.

Don't listen to those who say "a real girl has curves" because the definition of "curves" is totally subjective.

To your original question - it's not healthy to eat junk food every day even if you do exercise. If you're looking to gain "healthy" weight, eat a high-protein, low-carb diet and do your 30 minute workout every day (with a friend, if you feel you can't do it on your own)
Reply 21
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Petite is really attractive :colondollar:

i'd rather be tall and curvy tbh x
Original post by boredasf
awwww that's cute x

Where do you live baby girl? We could actually go out if you wanted to?
As for ID, dont take it personally as it happens to the majority of people your age due to the Think 25 Policy. If you look under the age of 25 then they will ask for ID to prove that you are over the age of 18. That applies to paracetamol unfortunately.
(edited 7 years ago)
i think i way around 41/42kg

Count your calories for every food that you eat during the day. There's databases online if you're not sure how much calories a certain food is. Try starting at 2000 calories a day and if that doesn't make you gain weight after a week or two go up to 2500.

Weigh yourself in the morning after you wake up and keep a log.
i think i way around 41/42kg

Try to gain some weight. At least 45 but ideally 50kg.
Reply 26
Original post by 999tigger
You are lucky. Much better than overweight.

If you wnat to change your body you need to:

Learn about nutrition and eat a better diet. 5 fruit and veg a day. If you learn what food does and how it works with your body then it makes it easier to start changing some of your diet.

Learn about losing and gaining weight. Its calories. Go and join MFP then you cna chart how much you are eating and make sure you eat enough.

Go and get some exercise, especially ,lifting weights. Coupled with a small claoprie surplis , better diet and lifting weights then you can improve your body shape. thats not grow big muscles, but change the shape of it as you lose fat and improve muscle. Theres no reason you cnat ahve a great body if you commit consistent time. It will give you focus and a target. It gives you confidence as you slowly improve.

Whatever you do have confidence in yourself and do soemthing about it. Being in better shape will improve it, but you generally have to learn to like yourself as well, no matter what shape.

i think it's easier for people to lose weight.
gaining weight is realllyyy difficult, especially when i don't have much of an appetite :/
i feel full sooo eaily. it's weird.
Original post by Harold Godwinson

Cringe.
yeah instagram is one of the main reasons why i'm so insecure tbh :/
skinny tall girls are attractive, but being short and skinny just makes me look like a little girl and i hate it.

i find it really hard to gain weight.. i don't look healthy

I'm a skinny girl with an average height and I like being slim :smile: If a guy doesn't like me because I haven't got huge tits and arse than he wasn't meant for me?

I feel like skinny people can look just as nice as curvy people. Yes curvy girls can look sexy, but skinny girls can look elegant, and just as attractive.
Reply 29

LOL where do you live?
I hate being small and skinny! i'm 22 years old, 5ft, and my bum is sooo flat! ffs.
i have alright boobs, but guys don't seem to care about boobs anymore -___- lol

i hate looking like a little girl! the other day i went to buy some paracetamol and i got asked to show ID.... like wtf! i'm 22!!!

recently i have lost my appetite, and i don't really eat healthy food. i'm very picky.. i don't like vegetables :/ i eat a lot of junk food but i'm starting to realise that i need to change my diet.

i feel as though guys don't like skinny girls. i keep seeing comments everywhere that skinny girls just aren't attractive anymore and "a real girl has curves" :frown:
i'm so insecure.

what can i do to gain weight in a healthy way?

thank you xx

If it makes you feel any better OP I'm 22 and 5'7'' and still get stopped for ID too.

As for gaining weight, you need to increase your daily calorific intake gradually
Reply 31
Original post by Twinpeaks
I'm a skinny girl with an average height and I like being slim :smile: If a guy doesn't like me because I haven't got huge tits and arse than he wasn't meant for me?

I feel like skinny people can look just as nice as curvy people. Yes curvy girls can look sexy, but skinny girls can look elegant, and just as attractive.

that's true :smile:

i never used to hate being skinny tbh, i think i've become insecure from looking at girls on instagram :/

how tall are you? x
LOL where do you live?

Alright don't worry about it then. I thought you would have liked to have gone to the cinema or restaurant or something. jees sorry.
I hate being small and skinny! i'm 22 years old, 5ft, and my bum is sooo flat! ffs.
i have alright boobs, but guys don't seem to care about boobs anymore -___- lol

i hate looking like a little girl! the other day i went to buy some paracetamol and i got asked to show ID.... like wtf! i'm 22!!!

recently i have lost my appetite, and i don't really eat healthy food. i'm very picky.. i don't like vegetables :/ i eat a lot of junk food but i'm starting to realise that i need to change my diet.

i feel as though guys don't like skinny girls. i keep seeing comments everywhere that skinny girls just aren't attractive anymore and "a real girl has curves" :frown:
i'm so insecure.

what can i do to gain weight in a healthy way?

thank you xx

I love looking 14 and i'm actually way older ffs:s-smilie: teenages are always saying ' can't wait until my eighteenth! ' but I was literally holding on to staying seventeen ughh.

Please don't hate yourself. honestly, these figures are trends. I would die to get my super skinny figure back. I think this curvy goals trend is ******** tbh. I don't see the attraction, honestly next thing you'll see everyone is rushing to be super skinny like you. And about being 22 and looking like 12! good! in ten years you'll be glad you'll look like 25 it's literally a blessing in disguise. My mum's friend used to hate being skinny at school and then everyone wanted to date her at 25, young people fixate on stupid goals that won't matter when you're in your 40's honestly! Please, if you want to improve your look, please do so, healthily, by going to the gym, makeup courses, clothes, BUT accept the fact you will always be skinny, that's who you are. Stop looking at photoshopped trends. They'll be ridiculed like being 'skinny' is now in 7+ years.

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Just remember that everything you see, these stunning figures and women in ur magazines, tv and instagram are literally faked. Completely touched up and photoshopped

Blokes arent picky, they like their potato in all forms (Except obese, very few like obese potato)

tv puts ten pounds on you lmao, I know this from a friend of my mum's who worked in the industry. I wonder if they can photoshop live tv though. I've seen attractive women from tv in real life, whatever about plastic surgery and money to be able to do yourself. But again, I always admire, I never saw why anyone is jealous towards of instagram models or kendall jenner
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gorillion
Cringe.

Pssff, you're just jealous I have the bottle to ask and guys like you don't. Lol :biggrin:
Baby girl

:shot: Cringeworthy.

If I knew you in person I would ask you out :wink:.

Having never seen nor spoken to them, what a tryhard. :biggrin:
Pssff, you're just jealous I have the bottle to ask and guys like you don't. Lol :biggrin:

On a forum.. :biggrin:Post a picture of yourself then, bet you're ugly as ****.
Reply 37
Alright don't worry about it then. I thought you would have liked to have gone to the cinema or restaurant or something. jees sorry.

aww haha i thought you were being sarcastic x

On a forum :rofl: you sound like a predator mate.
Original post by fr0sr_
On a forum.. :biggrin:Post a picture of yourself then, bet you're ugly as ****.

hahaha
awwww that's cute x

Get a decent bf too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending