Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need Laptop Suggestions!

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

Hey everyone! I'm moving out to school in 2 weeks and need to buy a new laptop. I've always used ultrabooks but mine is very outdated. I found this post-http://boldlist.net/top-ultrabook-laptops-2016.php and it lists the new ultrabooks that are out today. Do any of you have any suggestions on which I should get? I'm studying business so I just need the basics that laptops provide.

I suggest the macbook air pro

I would not at all recommend the Surface Book. Wonderful device but really outclassed by everything else for value and performance. I also don't recommend the Acer as I've always had problems with them. The Lenovo, Dell and Asus are all good though, all reputable brands and despite what the article lists for their specs they're all configurable to what you want in some way.

Personally my recommendation is the Dell XPS. I'm typing on mine right now and I can't fault it at all. I don't recommend a screen above 1920x1080 though. At such a small size it's wasted, not to mention your battery life will suffer hugely as a result.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.