The Student Room Group

A level exams have gotten much harder?!!

Scroll to see replies

good
they should be made even harder. not every university will be asking for AAA then
OCR Biology and Chemistry is definitely a lot harder than what it was say 10 years ago. I've looked at the different papers and have definitely noticed a difference in difficulty.

Now, from what I've noticed, there seems to be more emphasis on application of knowledge rather than recall.
Reply 42
Original post by bulkybros100
OCR Biology and Chemistry is definitely a lot harder than what it was say 10 years ago. I've looked at the different papers and have definitely noticed a difference in difficulty.

Now, from what I've noticed, there seems to be more emphasis on application of knowledge rather than recall.

so true
Reply 43
Original post by mass_
JUSTIFY YOUR OPINION PLEASE, results day is around the corner so I need a good laugh anyway hunny xo

Original post by Mathemagicien
OMG LIKE GET OFF MY CASE, results day is around the corner so I cant deal with this hunny xo

Original post by mass_
FAM GOOD LUCK WITH getting ur results for exams that u think are easy , thanks for the laugh hunny xo

Original post by Mathemagicien
KOOL FANKS BRO FOR that comment , thanx for the thanx hunny xo

Thanks to you both for the entertainment :tongue:
Reply 44
Original post by ozmo19

hehe just a bit of sly banta
Reply 45
Original post by mass_
hehe just a bit of sly banta

Really sly yeah, all caps lol:biggrin: At least i feel a little calmer about tomorrow now though haha
Reply 46
Original post by ozmo19
Really sly yeah, all caps lol:biggrin: At least i feel a little calmer about tomorrow now though haha

Hope you do well and if you dont get the grades you wanted, please dont worry! Just be ready to get yo ass on the clearing line and get your numbers etc fixed! best of luck x
Reply 47
Original post by mass_
Hope you do well and if you dont get the grades you wanted, please dont worry! Just be ready to get yo ass on the clearing line and get your numbers etc fixed! best of luck x

Im just getting AS this year but thank you so much!!:smile: Ill be prepared for next year...
WJEC maths exams have been getting harder and slightly longer for a few years now! I wish I did my maths A level in 2005 because damn those papers were great
Reply 49
Lol edexcel maths papers havent changed that much since the 1990s. I have seen aqa chemistry and physics past papers from early 2000s and theyre 80% similiar to exam papers now.

They have not gotten harder, youve gone dumber. Sorry but thats th truth.
Original post by ozmo19

:biggrin::colone::smile:
Who cares, if they've gotten harder the grade boundaries are lowered so it's the same proportion of students getting As Bs and all the other grades as there were last year?

Quick Reply

Latest