The Student Room Group

lowering entry requirements for clearing courses

Do you think uni courses in clearing will lower their entry requirements so say a uni originally asked for AAA but could I apply with AAB and have a chance of getting the offer.

Has this happened in previous years?

I'm asking as I may try to get a release from my firm uni even if I get the grades as I have changed my mind about which uni I want to go to.

Thanks
Reply 1
I'm not entirely sure, but if they are offering places in clearing I guess they will be more lenient as they will likely have already accepted some offer holders who didn't meet their offer.
Reply 2
Well that's the whole point of clearing lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tebr
Do you think uni courses in clearing will lower their entry requirements so say a uni originally asked for AAA but could I apply with AAB and have a chance of getting the offer.

Has this happened in previous years?

I'm asking as I may try to get a release from my firm uni even if I get the grades as I have changed my mind about which uni I want to go to.

Thanks

Universities tend to be more lenient when it comes to clearing . If you have any doubts on what course you want to pursue, University of East London has a wide range of courses, and I'm sure something would peak your interest. You can call them on 020 8223 3280 for more information on courses and eligibility, and then base your decision on that. Hope this helps and all the best! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest