The Student Room Group

Will my results be published?

I am currently doing my GCSE's and have done 3 early (my whole year did 3 early). Will these 3 results be published in the newspaper along with the year 11's?
Original post by Laurp
I am currently doing my GCSE's and have done 3 early (my whole year did 3 early). Will these 3 results be published in the newspaper along with the year 11's?

Yes the statictics will go into the newspapers like all other results , they dont care how old you are , a GCSE is a GCSE
Reply 2
Only if you ask for them to be, I would have thought.
Original post by Laurp

most likely yes, they put your name initials, and the number of gcse's you took, and the amount which were passes, I found it was a great way of finding out what my friend got because she lied about them when I asked initially...
Original post by bizzy_penguin
most likely yes, they put your name initials, and the number of gcse's you took, and the amount which were passes, I found it was a great way of finding out what my friend got because she lied about them when I asked initially...

Is this in a School newspaper or a public one? I feel like it's a stupid question but I'm questioning everything at this point xD
Original post by TheNerdxP
Is this in a School newspaper or a public one? I feel like it's a stupid question but I'm questioning everything at this point xD

it was our local town/village one (we don't have a school newspaper) - whatever you want to call it, think they even interviewed / named a couple of students, but that was because they got 14 A*'s...
Just think it as a way of finding out what grades your friends got and what grades the people who were idiots throughout the year & high school got (mind you when i saw the total passed gcse's of what some people got it shocked me bc i thought they would have done a lot better, like these were some of the 'clever people' in my class only passed 3-4 gcse's even though they took 10-11 subjects)

Good luck for Thursday! :smile:
So glad my local news don't do this:biggrin:

If you're worried and don't want them to be published you can contact the newspaper and ask them to leave out your individual result, but cohort stats (which won't include your name) would still be published, just not anything personal
Original post by bizzy_penguin
it was our local town/village one (we don't have a school newspaper) - whatever you want to call it, think they even interviewed / named a couple of students, but that was because they got 14 A*'s...
Just think it as a way of finding out what grades your friends got and what grades the people who were idiots throughout the year & high school got (mind you when i saw the total passed gcse's of what some people got it shocked me bc i thought they would have done a lot better, like these were some of the 'clever people' in my class only passed 3-4 gcse's even though they took 10-11 subjects)

Good luck for Thursday! :smile:

Dammit I wish I had this! Maybe there is but I would have no idea of which paper to buy xD

Thankyou very much! Good luck to you too :h:
Original post by TheNerdxP
Dammit I wish I had this! Maybe there is but I would have no idea of which paper to buy xD

Thankyou very much! Good luck to you too :h:

if it helps just type your schools name into google, and then click `news` (on google), any recent headlines will pop up on the page, if the paper's visted your school it'll likely say : _____(insert school's name) gcse results/a level results:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest