The Student Room Group

Newcastle GEM and UKCAT

Hi

I have been trying to find some information about how they use the UKCAT scores but I am not having much luck.

I understand they require a high score but do they require a high VR score like Warwick?

Also do they score the SJT section?

Finally do they take into account personal statements as a few universities are not all that bothered by them?

Many Thanks to anyone who is able to provide some information :smile:
Reply 1
Can't see anything on their website. But they're pretty prompt at responding to queries. I'd just give their med school admissions contact an email or phone call, usually best to hear it from 'the horses mouth' anyway. Especially via email because then you have proof of what you were told which is useful.
Reply 2
Thank you, I couldn't see anything either and they I went to a couple of open days but they didn't seem to have one so that I could ask questions.
I will email in a week or so when they are hopefully less busy, my UKCAT isn't until the last week of testing and I have GAMSAT to revise for first :smile:
I will let everyone know what they reply and in the mean time someone on here may have an idea :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest