The Student Room Group

Do A2 unit marks/grades appear on the results slips?

Ok, I'm a little confused. I know that for AS results, the individual unit marks and grades appeared on the slip and you had to add them up to work out your overall grade.

I have been told that for A2, your overall grade appears on the slip, so you don't have to stand there, mobile phone in hand (for those of us who don't trust our own mental arithmetic enough), to work out the grade. My question is: if the slip provides you with your overall grade, does it also still tell you your individual unit grades, so you can see how you did on a particular exam? Does it vary across different exam boards?

Thanks for any replies!
Reply 1
What exam board doesn't give out their AS grades? :|

I'm pretty certain we'll get our full grades, as they'll be certified and all that.
Reply 2
*Sparkle*
What exam board doesn't give out their AS grades? :|

I'm pretty certain we'll get our full grades, as they'll be certified and all that.

That's not quite what I meant. If I remember correctly, the AS slips did have individual grades for each unit, but it wasn't necessarily clear from that what your overall grade would be, unless you got 3 A grades, of course.

I was just wondering if for A2, you have both your unit grades and total overall grade on the results slips?

Thanks for your reply *Sparkle* :smile:
Reply 3
I'm sure you will, because that's what we got last year for our ASs.

My AS result slip looked like this

Subject Grade(###/300)
Module 1 (##/100)
Module 2 (##/100)
Module 3 (##/100)

so I'm pretty certain our A2 Slip will have

Subject Grade(###/600)
Module 1 (##/100)
Module 2 (##/100)
Module 3 (##/100)
Module 4 (##/100)
Module 5 (##/100)
Module 6 (##/100)
Reply 4
*Sparkle*
I'm sure you will, because that's what we got last year for our ASs.

My AS result slip looked like this

Subject Grade(###/300)
Module 1 (##/100)
Module 2 (##/100)
Module 3 (##/100)

so I'm pretty certain our A2 Slip will have

Subject Grade(###/600)
Module 1 (##/100)
Module 2 (##/100)
Module 3 (##/100)
Module 4 (##/100)
Module 5 (##/100)
Module 6 (##/100)

:dito: Have a look at this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5609548&highlight=AS+Results+Slip%21#post5609548. Someone has scanned in their A-Level results slip and it shows the individual UMS and grades for both their AS and A2 modules, the overall UMS and final grade for each subject.
Reply 5
You didn't have your AS grades on your AS results slip because like my sixth form, your AS grades weren't 'cashed in'. This means that you didn't have an official AS grade and it was open for you to take any retakes before you actually cash in your AS grade (you can still have retakes with a cashed in grade by first declining that grade). Some people's college do cash in their grades which is why they got their AS grades printed on their results slip along with their overall UMS. You should get an overall A2 grade though with all the units marks and grades you have sat.
At A2, all grades will automatically be cashed in, so you'll get an overall grade and total UMS mark for each subject as well as UMS marks and sometimes grades for each module. AQA gave me all my module grades, whereas Edexcel only gave me module grades for my A2 modules. The AS modules just had the UMS marks.

Latest