The Student Room Group

Guys, a girl attacks you... do you take the hits or fight back?

Scroll to see replies

I would parry her attacks and take the hits until she gives up because I know they won't hurt me much. If she persists then I would restrain her without trying to hurt her a lot, but if she starts using or a weapon or she's the size of Godzilla then that ***** is going down! So really I would only fight back when self defence is necessary but it would also depend on the reason she's attacking me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saeedpoppa
Not sure what you mean here, my post was literally me pointing reasonable force out as being an option for the situation in the video.

Unless the attacker had a weapon, or was physically big and strong and looked like they genuinely wanted to kill you, why would you need to react like that?
If you'd feel that way when being attacked by the average, unarmed woman then I seriously suggest you take some self-defence classes.

I disagree, its not up to regular people to learn how to handle themselves in physical altercations, and expecting people to be able to maintain calm enough to control a punches power in a street fight is silly. The vast majority of people will hardly ever be in such a situation so expecting them to be able to handle an 'average unarmed woman' is ridiculous.

Also the average woman who carries a bit of weight can 100% knock a grown man out with a punch. I have seen it more than once.
Restrain them
Original post by TheGuyReturns
I'd want to hit back, but I'd be afraid of retaliation from a group of white knights:

https://vid.me/oNLd

I only have one pair of arms/legs!

Floyd Mayweather-esque shoulder rolls to evade attack and then control the range with footwork :wink:
wouldn't fight back but I'd break her phone or piss in her handbag
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
A man should never attack a woman, self defence is using minimal force to get away not going for a jab. Either run off or try and restrain her
Reply 27
Depends on the situation. Id try to push her away but if she were persistent, a real loud, hard slap should do it.
Reply 28
Original post by zayn008
A man should never attack a woman, self defence is using minimal force to get away not going for a jab. Either run off or try and restrain her

Completely disagree. You shouldn't have to waste effort restraining someone so that they don't attack you. Neirhwr should you have to touch someone just for that. Imagine that girl has comit all over her...no.
I'd want to hit back, but I'd be afraid of retaliation from a group of white knights:

If she is trying to cause serious harm to me or worse, kill, then of course I am going to defend myself. If she is upset and gets hysterical angry then I would just try to hug/hold stop her. And as for the "white knight" thing if it was in public and she was really going for you, I think they would understand you defending yourself.
Reply 30

yeah thats always the downside, theres always one or several white knights prepared to forget the bro-code and jump in. don't know why, do they think they will be rewarded with p*ssy for doing so?

in a situation like that you're better off just running away from the psychotic feminist
You all sound like the sort of people who support the stupid idea that you should only use "reasonable force" if someone has broken into your home. Look, if I'm being attacked, I'm terrified and adrenalin is rushing through my veins, I'm going to swing as hard as I ****ing can.

From what I could see, she was harassing him by being in his personal space and shouting. I think in this instance, straight up decking her in one punch isn't at all reasonable.

Doesn't seem like she was actively attacking him or had any weapon.

Original post by Saeedpoppa
That's a fair point, but even with adrenaline as a factor I'd still expect the regular person to at least try backing off, shoving her back or restraining her before throwing a hard punch to the face.
To be fair he did put up a combat stance and backed off for a couple of seconds before he floored her.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd floor her in one punch.

Quick Reply

Latest