The Student Room Group

There is no evidence for God

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davidoriakhi
Easily the best answer to the deluded questions atheists ask

That's somewhat ironic given that I am an atheist and answered a deluded point made by a theist. But hey, I am glad you liked the post :smile:
Reply 141
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
The Earth is so finely tuned for mankind to live that it couldn't simply be based on chance

There are 10 billion galaxies in the Universe; on average, each of them has 100 billion stars (so 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the Universe). Even an extremely small probability has a chance to happen with such numbers.

Then, mankind was made by the earth. Man didn't come on the Earth and find a "finely tuned" planet.
Original post by Josb
It's always very strange to me that people still believe to God now that the origins or the world and life have been explained.

are you speaking out of misinformation? or out of ignorance?
Original post by Seamus123
Hope he's in a Union and gets a good hourly rate.

Thanks for making me lol :laugh:
Reply 144
Original post by Trapz99
I don't feel I need proof tbh. I believe that we all know deep in our heart that God exists.

But how do you know God exists? When did you hear of him for the first time? Why do believe in God and not in Allah, or Buddha, or Santa Claus?
Original post by Trapz99
I don't feel I need proof tbh. I believe that we all know deep in our heart that God exists.

:teehee:
Original post by Josb
There are 10 billion galaxies in the Universe; on average, each of them has 100 billion stars (so 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the Universe). Even an extremely small probability has a chance to happen with such numbers.

Then, mankind was made by the earth. Man didn't come on the Earth and find a "finely tuned" planet.

as a matter of fact, we did come and live in a finely tuned planet. even the scientists you put all your hope in can testify to that.
oh and by the way, there are way more stars than you can imagine in the universe. The equipment and facilities used by scientists to give you those numbers are limited not only by their knowledge, understanding and technology, but their small and tender minds.
They simply can't comprehend or fathom the greatness and goodness of God, and neither can you.
i hate people who are so ignorant, and deluded for that matter.
God does exist, and we all know it. Only fools (like atheists) don't want to admit it. (im not insulting anyone by calling them a fool, its just a fact if you dont believe in God you're a FOOL)
Yet again, its free will. God won't force anyone to believe in Him, its your choice.
It is my prayer that one day your eyes will be opened to have an encounter with God through his son Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Thing is though, I don't. If the only argument for god's existence is that 'he just does' then don't call me the ignorant, deluded or foolish one
If we also add that in our modern days atheism has become somewhat fashionable... Why would a level-headed person want to have a label such as 'atheist' or 'theist'. Both directions lead to a simple group of people who feel lost and want to find a way out. I think each person should have their own opinion about God, as it is a vast topic. People shouldn't belong to different groups that senselessly tattle trying to prove their right. If we all had more philosophical arguments for such a topic instead of insulting each other, maybe this discussion would become a little more interesting.
Original post by Trapz99

If that were true, atheists (like me and others), wouldn't exist.
Humans have no freewill therefore you could say that people who believe in God have no real choice but to believe in God and those that don't (like myself) also have no choice. So to answer your question... "Just cause"
Original post by Trapz99

We would still be in caves beating the crap out of each other with sticks if we all thought like that.
Reply 152
as a matter of fact, we did come and live in a finely tuned planet.

As I told you, the probability that such planet exists isn't impossible given the number of planets in the Universe.

even the scientists you put all your hope in can testify to that.
oh and by the way, there are way more stars than you can imagine in the universe. The equipment and facilities used by scientists to give you those numbers are limited not only by their knowledge, understanding and technology, but their small and tender minds.
They simply can't comprehend or fathom the greatness and goodness of God, and neither can you.

I certainly know that the world, vegetation, animals and Man weren't created in seven days.
Original post by inhuman
That's somewhat ironic given that I am an atheist and answered a deluded point made by a theist. But hey, I am glad you liked the post :smile:

"my people perish because of lack of knowledge" ...
as a matter of fact, we did come and live in a finely tuned planet. even the scientists you put all your hope in can testify to that.

The worst kind, the deluded that call others deluded.

Ah well, at least you seem to be living a lovely life in your bubble :smile:

Keep that up!
Original post by Josb
As I told you, the probability that such planet exists isn't impossible given the number of planets in the Universe.

I certainly know that the world, vegetation, animals and Man weren't created in seven days.

yeah obviously not seven days. God's perspective of time is way different by our perspective of time. God is not limited by time, he dosen't work with time.
Unfortunately you and I must work with time.
our whole lives are immensely affected by time. its simply how we function.
in a number of decades you will die, and so will I.
Seven days in God's eyes may be 7 weeks, or months, or years in your eyes.
yeah obviously not seven days. God's perspective of time is way different by our perspective of time. God is not limited by time, he dosen't work with time.

Why not put that in the book then? I don't disagree with you but maybe the writers could have said that it was generalised so that humans could understand it.

What about "And God said let their be light and there was light". What do we find when we study cosmology? The first light of the Universe. Now called Cosmic Microwave Background radiation.
Why aren't the two linkable?
Indeed, God probably doesn't exist as there is no convincing evidence whatsoever for its existence.

Ummm, what? He doesn't work with time, yet he does?
Original post by Josb

There is always a chance but the probability is extremely low it would be unlikely to happen. The earth is so perfect for human life to live that it is improbable that it was this way by chance.

Quick Reply

Latest