The Student Room Group

Got My Results Today

Hi guys, how did you all guys do?
I got my AL results today and I did pretty great in both AS Maths and Biology.
I, however, got a really annoying mark in my Biology A2 Unit 4. I got an A* off 1 mark. I just needed 1 teeny raw mark to get an A*. I want to scream, it's so frustrating. So, I have 2 questions:
1. If I want an overall A* in Biology A-Level, is it necessary to get an A* in each individual unit. as in (U4=108 a*, U5=108 a*, U6=54 a*) or could it be like (U4=107a, U5=109 a*, U6=54 a*) they both add up to the same total but will one give me an A* and the other an A?

2. Also, Should I go for a recheck? Do yo think i'll get this single raw mark if I go for a recheck?

Thank you guys in advance. I hope you had great results. :smile:
Original post by nadaezraturner
Hi guys, how did you all guys do?
I got my AL results today and I did pretty great in both AS Maths and Biology.
I, however, got a really annoying mark in my Biology A2 Unit 4. I got an A* off 1 mark. I just needed 1 teeny raw mark to get an A*. I want to scream, it's so frustrating. So, I have 2 questions:
1. If I want an overall A* in Biology A-Level, is it necessary to get an A* in each individual unit. as in (U4=108 a*, U5=108 a*, U6=54 a*) or could it be like (U4=107a, U5=109 a*, U6=54 a*) they both add up to the same total but will one give me an A* and the other an A?

2. Also, Should I go for a recheck? Do yo think i'll get this single raw mark if I go for a recheck?
Thank you guys in advance. I hope you had great results. :smile:

Overall
Original post by LPauling
Overall

Hi, Can you elaborate? so like bracket 1 gets an A* or 2? or both?Thanks for replying :smile:
Hi, Can you elaborate? so like bracket 1 gets an A* or 2? or both?Thanks for replying :smile:

Bracket 1
Bracket 1

So i need to resit my 105 UMS (65 rm) if I want to get an A*.No chance of getting an A* in my a-level biology if i keep my 105, no matter how good i do in the rest of the units next session, right?
So i need to resit my 105 UMS (65 rm) if I want to get an A*.No chance of getting an A* in my a-level biology if i keep my 105, no matter how good i do in the rest of the units next session, right?

No sorry overall at A2 you need to average 90%
No sorry overall at A2 you need to average 90%
That's okay thank you so much :smile: Do you think it's a good idea to go for a recheck? I hope you did great, thanks a lot for your help :wink:
That's okay thank you so much :smile: Do you think it's a good idea to go for a recheck? I hope you did great, thanks a lot for your help :wink:

I would say to leave the remark and just work your socks off in A2 to get the A* good luck I wish you the best

Quick Reply

Latest