Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Clearing course is a masters (combined BSc), how does funding work?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there, Unfortunately, I've ended up in clearing... but luckily, I did make a plan before hand if I got into this situation. I researched unis and courses that I liked and came across a course which is an MSci (4 years). Since I previously hadn't looked at the funding for MSci 's, I wondered how it worked? I know that I would need to change my details on student finance england since it would be a different uni/course, but would I be funded for the full 4 years?
    I don't want to commit myself to a course that I wouldn't be able to afford and the BSc is still available. Help would be appreciated ASAP, as I'm about to enter the (slightly scary!) world of Clearing. Thank you


    If the course is an Integrated Masters course, then it would be funded like an undergraduate course. This would mean you would receive a full tuition fee loan for the 4 years of the course, and also be eligible to apply for a maintenance loan as well. You can change the course details either on your online account or by calling our team on 0300 100 0607.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 18, 2016
What were/are your predicted grades?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.