The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Undergraduate Admissions 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi again! My offer says I have to get specific grades including two humanities subjects. Languages are considered as humanities subjects, right? I just want to make sure :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by scottishgirl163
Hi I am considering to apply for Politics and International Relations but I received AAABC in my highers in 5th year so wondering if it's likely for you to give out conditionals? I am sitting 3 new highers this year, obviously I know you you won't be able to give me specifics but a bit of guidance may be useful. Thank you.

Hi, Glasgow doesn't offer a joint course in Politics and International Relations, but we have lots of other Politics joint honours courses to choose from (http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/politics/#/degreesanducascodes).

As for an offer, your application would be "held" without a decision until the end of March 2017. At that point, we review all applications that have been received and hope to be able to make conditional offers based on S6 results - but there is no guarantee unfortunately.

I hope this helps!
-Kelly
Original post by mintiess
Hi again! My offer says I have to get specific grades including two humanities subjects. Languages are considered as humanities subjects, right? I just want to make sure :smile:

Yes, languages will be considered as meeting the humanities requirement :smile:
- Kelly
Reply 23
Hi there! It seems from reading this forum as though you don't get get acknowledgement emails, but i seemed to have got one saying my application has been received, just wondering if this is a genuine email from the UoG? Thanks in advance!
Sent off my application today for English Language and Literature at Glasgow :smile:
Original post by sassy01
Hi there! It seems from reading this forum as though you don't get get acknowledgement emails, but i seemed to have got one saying my application has been received, just wondering if this is a genuine email from the UoG? Thanks in advance!

Hi! Yes, it is a genuine email. We thought it best to begin to acknowledge applications to avoid anybody worrying about it :smile:
- Kelly

Edit: The intro will be getting changed accordingly! - Kelly
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Hi,

I've had a quick look at the university online on the official wesbite and videos on youtube. It sounds great to me sso far, but I can't find much about student satisfaction at the university. If someone could tell me more about local clubs and societies etc, that would be really helpful.

Thanks
Reply 27
I'm reapplying to university after dropping out after two years of another degree. Is my application going to be at a disadvantage because I've already been to university? (My higher grades were AAAAA in S5)
Hi all, just received a conditional offer for Economics and Politics!
I applied on Friday, got the acknowledgement mail today in the morning and literally a few hours later got an offer!
I'm an EU applicant btw.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kanelbullar
Hi all, just received a conditional offer for Economics and Politics!
I applied on Friday, got the acknowledgement mail today in the morning and literally a few hours later got an offer!
I'm an EU applicant btw.

I applied for the same course as you and also I'm an EU-applicant :smile: maybe we'll meet in Glasgow haha. Do you think you're going to firm your offer?
I applied for the same course as you and also I'm an EU-applicant :smile: maybe we'll meet in Glasgow haha. Do you think you're going to firm your offer?

Hi! That'd be great!

I don't know if I am going to firm it yet. Depends on what offers I get. I've also applied to Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Dundee and Aberdeen. If I get offers from everyone I think I'll go for Edinburgh and select some other uni which asks for lower grades as insurance.

I visited Glasgow about a month ago, though, and it is absolutely beautiful!
[QUOTE=Kanelbullar;68196832]Hi! That'd be great!

I don't know if I am going to firm it yet. Depends on what offers I get. I've also applied to Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Dundee and Aberdeen. If I get offers from everyone I think I'll go for Edinburgh and select some other uni which asks for lower grades as insurance.

I visited Glasgow about a month ago, though, and it is absolutely beautiful!

Sounds like a good plan! I think I'm going to firm my offer from Glasgow even though they require such a high grades that I probably won't be able to reach them.. But I'm going to do my best and study hard, maybe I'll surprise myself haha! It's my dream to study in Glasgow so I'll do my everything. By the way, we applied to almost all the same unis except I have Stirling instead of Edinburgh :smile:
Got an unconditional for neuroscience today. :smile: Surprised at how quick the admissions team is!
Sounds like a good plan! I think I'm going to firm my offer from Glasgow even though they require such a high grades that I probably won't be able to reach them.. But I'm going to do my best and study hard, maybe I'll surprise myself haha! It's my dream to study in Glasgow so I'll do my everything. By the way, we applied to almost all the same unis except I have Stirling instead of Edinburgh :smile:

That's amazing! I'm sure you can do it.
Yeah, both Edinburgh and Glasgow ask for top grades so I'll have to choose from one of them to be my firm.
For the first and second years, do we have to study three subjects?
Thanks!
Original post by 9661
I'm reapplying to university after dropping out after two years of another degree. Is my application going to be at a disadvantage because I've already been to university? (My higher grades were AAAAA in S5)

Hi! No, your application won't be disadvantaged by this. Please mention that you have been to university before in your personal statement (and let us know if you have been a student at Glasgow before) so that we know what you have been doing since school. As long as you meet the Higher entry requirements for your new chosen course, you will be made an offer the same as anyone else! Hope that helps.
- Kelly, UG Admissions
Original post by embrown45
Thanks!

Hi! It depends on what you apply for but yes, three subjects will be taken in first year. For degrees in Arts, Science and Social Science, you will study three subjects in first year, and two or three in second year. This link is really helpful, and it leads to links for Arts, Science and Social Science with examples: http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/choosingyourdegree/artssciencesocialsciences/
- Kelly, UG Admissions
I've applied for a joint degree in two subjects, and I have an offer. But I've changed my mind and if I end up studying at Glasgow, I want to be taking one of my original subjects and two more which weren't available as an option on UCAS. Would this be something I'd have to arrange when I actually get there?
Original post by trythis
I've applied for a joint degree in two subjects, and I have an offer. But I've changed my mind and if I end up studying at Glasgow, I want to be taking one of my original subjects and two more which weren't available as an option on UCAS. Would this be something I'd have to arrange when I actually get there?

Hi there, it depends on which subjects you are hoping to take. The fact that they are not an option on UCAS might mean that you can't take them together; maybe there's a timetable clash. The best thing would be to email [email protected] to ask about your desired subjects, or you can PM me here :smile:
- Kelly, UG Admissions
Original post by embrown45
Thanks!

Hi there, i am currently a first year student at the University (Also from England so something of a rarity up here)

It depends on the subject you choose.
You will sign up to do your main degree. In the first and second year you have to do two other subjects alongside your main subject. This can be from any of the other colleges.

http://www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending