The Student Room Group

CIE

Hey
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can just learn the syllabus content - given by CIE for each subject- for your exams as there is a lot more information in my textbooks, and the syllabus content practically halves the amount of study material.

Thanks
Original post by lailapianai
Hey
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can just learn the syllabus content - given by CIE for each subject- for your exams as there is a lot more information in my textbooks, and the syllabus content practically halves the amount of study material.

Thanks

The syllabus tells you what you need to know, while the textbooks actually give you the information, which is why there seems like there's so much more. Exams aren't supposed to cover anything that's not on the syllabus but textbooks tend to be reasonably concise anyway. I would personally advise working from both the syllabus and the textbook.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
The syllabus tells you what you need to know, while the textbooks actually give you the information, which is why there seems like there's so much more. Exams aren't supposed to cover anything that's not on the syllabus but textbooks tend to be reasonably concise anyway. I would personally advise working from both the syllabus and the textbook.

WOW! thank you so much for your prompt response i will definitely be using both now. Thanks again!!

Quick Reply

Latest