The Student Room Group

Holiday just before university starts

(edited 7 years ago)
What dates are you looking at for your holiday?

In any case, at most you'll miss some Fresher's events but not much more. If you're back before the term begins I don't see an issue providing you sort your accommodation out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by particlestudent
Maybe like right at the start, the 1st of September to the 15th? I've just sorted my accommodation out right now. I'm guessing if my course starts on the 26th, freshers week will be from like the 19th?
I don't see a problem either, I'm just anxious as I may miss something important

That all sounds reasonable. Anything like enrolment to uni will be done online so if you're abroad just keep an eye on your emails. You won't miss anything like inductions as they'll be after the term begins, but just double check to be sure. On the face of it the dates all work out :smile:
Original post by MrDystopia
That all sounds reasonable. Anything like enrolment to uni will be done online so if you're abroad just keep an eye on your emails. You won't miss anything like inductions as they'll be after the term begins, but just double check to be sure. On the face of it the dates all work out :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks. I'd rather not want to go on breaks this long during my Christmas/Easter break terms as that wouldn't be wise. :smile:

Indeed, sounds like you have it all worked out. Congrats on the results and enjoy your holiday/uni year :yy:
Hi guys

I am starting university and my course starts on the 26th of September and I'll be moving in on around the 20th of September. If I sort out accommodation, which I will most likely do before September starts... is it possible to go on a 2 week break at the start of September? I'm assuming nothing really happens until I move in other than sorting out accommodation

Hello :smile:

I'm a little confused as to what you're asking? If your course doesn't start until the 26th September and you don't plan to move in till the 20th, surely you've answered your own question there? - Not to be rude or forward but I'm just a little confused a what you're asking.

If you are planning on a holiday in the first two weeks or September, you'll be fine. Nothing happens in that time and you'll be there for Freshers and starting your course if you're moving in on the 20th so you'll be fine?

If I've missed the point please feel free to explain to help me understand.

Best of luck :biggrin:
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :smile:

I'm a little confused as to what you're asking? If your course doesn't start until the 26th September and you don't plan to move in till the 20th, surely you've answered your own question there? - Not to be rude or forward but I'm just a little confused a what you're asking.

If you are planning on a holiday in the first two weeks or September, you'll be fine. Nothing happens in that time and you'll be there for Freshers and starting your course if you're moving in on the 20th so you'll be fine?

If I've missed the point please feel free to explain to help me understand.

Best of luck :biggrin:

(edited 7 years ago)
You haven't missed the point, but the part I put in bold is what's making me nervous to go. Like I wasn't 100% sure that nothing actually does happen in the first half of September at universities. :biggrin: If that's the case then I am fine. I will think about how much time I need to give myself to move all my things to the room too, but thank you! :smile:

Oh okay! I just wanted to check :smile: I understand. No, nothing happens - then again, it depends on the university but usually everything is towards the end of September :biggrin: Good luck!
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Oh okay! I just wanted to check :smile: I understand. No, nothing happens - then again, it depends on the university but usually everything is towards the end of September :biggrin: Good luck!

Thanks! :smile:
You should be fine although I'd advise having access to the internet while you're over there just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest