The Student Room Group

Should I ask to resit Economics

My AS results today were AAD, Really happy with the A's but the D I want to die. My courses are Linear so they don't count for my grade next year but won't Universities still look at these AS grade to consider me a place? The Uni I want to go to wants ABB, even if my teacher ups my predicted grade to a C (Which I doubt anyway) it still won't be enough.

I'm just really stressing out at the moment, I don't know how resit's work. Do I just resit the AS exam while still doing A2 Econ or is it I have to do the whole AS econ again and then do A2 the following year.

My friend is saying don't bother resitting, and that Uni's won't care what grades I have/ My grades are good enough (Which they obviously aren't)

Also finally is there a deadline for when I can ask for a resit? I can't go into college today because of a couple of reasons.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by SalmonMan1234
My AS results today were AAD, Really happy with the A's but the D I want to die. My courses are Linear so they don't count for my grade next year but won't Universities still look at these AS grade to consider me a place? The Uni I want to go to wants ABB, even if my teacher ups my predicted grade to a C (Which I doubt anyway) it still won't be enough.

I'm just really stressing out at the moment, I don't know how resit's work. Do I just resit the AS exam while still doing A2 Econ or is it I have to do the whole AS econ again and then do A2 the following year.

My friend is saying don't bother resitting, and that Uni's won't care what grades I have/ My grades are good enough (Which they obviously aren't)

Also finally is there a deadline for when I can ask for a resit? I can't go into college today because of a couple of reasons.

Hi, if you're studying linear with the new reforms, your AS won't count anyway right?

Your school usually predicts you with the grades you got at AS and either keep it at that grade or go up a grade depending on how close you were to the next boundary. They will never predict down!

Which uni are you applying to? Most places (including Russell Group) accept two grades below their supposed entry requirements. Because you have 2 As instead of AB, this counts as 1 grade higher than required.

Because you have a D this counts as 2 grades below because you needed ABB. } overall you're only 1 grade short...
You will be fine ^_^

Just make sure you write a really enthusiastic personal statement and don't be cliché! Your school will talk to you about writing a PS within the first couple of months back if they haven't done so already.
Oh also the exam sign up deadline is some time in January, so don't fret about it.

Just work a lot harder in econ this year but don't neglect your other subjects either.

Quick Reply

Latest