Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

A Level results

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 11-10-2016

Best of luck to everyone receiving A Level results today! Remember to check the UCAS website and check out our handy hints below for advice about what to do next, whatever the outcome.

If you need to contact UCL to discuss your offer, please call 020 3370 1215 and select the relevant option:
    • 1 for an existing application
    • 2 for enquiries about Adjustment
    • 3 for any other general enquiries

Remember: We cannot tell you your results – make sure to check UCAS Track for these! The decision on UCAS Track is final.

Re-marks: The deadline for UCL to receive the results of re-marks is Wednesday 31st August. You will need to ask for a priority re-mark and you will need to do it on Thursday 18th August to make sure we receive it in time. More information about re-marks can be found on the UCAS website.

I got my grades! Congratulations! This means that you have met the offer for your Firm choice. UCAS track should have updated to reflect this, and you will have a confirmation letter that will detail your next steps. If you are happy with your Firm choice, you don’t need to do anything other than sort out Student Finance if you haven’t done so already.

I just missed the grades for my Firm choice. Sometimes things don’t always go according to plan, but that’s what your Insurance choice is for. If you have met the grades for your Insurance choice then UCAS track should have updated to reflect this, and you will have a confirmation letter which details your next steps. If you are happy with your Insurance choice, then you do not need to do anything other than sort out Student Finance, if you haven’t done so already, and confirm your accommodation situation with the university.

I didn’t get the grades for my Firm or Insurance choice. The first thing to do is to check your status on UCAS Track. If both your Firm and Insurance choices have declined your offer, then it will show you if you are eligible to enter Clearing. You will not be able to see if you are eligible for Clearing until both your Firm and Insurance choices have updated UCAS Track to decline your offer.

I did better than expected and exceed my offer! Well done! If you are happy with your Firm choice then there is nothing you need to do at this point (other than sort out Student Finance if you haven’t done so already). However, your higher grades may have opened up some more options for you through UCAS Adjustment. It might be worth seeing what’s available, and if you try Adjustment but don't find anything, you'll still keep the place you gained on results day (until you confirm an Adjustment offer). Information about Adjustment places at UCL can be found here: www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/application/adjustment-2016
    Remember: if you accept an offer through Adjustment you will need to talk to the university about accommodation options.

I’ve met my Firm and/or Insurance choice, but I am no longer happy with it. It’s fine to change your mind – you have to do what’s right for you. If you want to reject your Firm and/or Insurance choice, you will need to contact the universities and ask to be ‘released’. This can take up to 10 days and cannot be undone, so you must be 100% sure that you no longer want the place.

I am happy with the place I have gained, but I want to defer my start date. This might be possible, but you will have to contact the university to discuss it with them.

I narrowly missed my grades but nothing is showing on UCAS Track. You will need to contact your Firm choice to find out their final decision. If you are unable to get through to your Firm choice, then try contacting your Insurance – they may also be waiting on your First choice to update their decision. If you do not receive a place at your Firm or Insurance choice, you may want to look at your options in Clearing.

My situation is a bit different and doesn’t fall into any of the above categories. There a several other reasons why your place may not be confirmed yet. Have a look at some of the other possible scenarios on the UCAS website for help and advice about what you need to do.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.