The Student Room Group

Can I get into Medicine with these AS Levels?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by StanleyCurley
Oh yeah, Im midway through a placement right now in a psych unit. Thanks a lot for your help! really appreciate it!

No wukkas. My last piece of advice (as mentioned by many on this forum) is apply smartly. Apply to your strengths. All the best :wink:
Original post by Ezme39
In medicine, it has always been that you must be predicted the entry grades- otherwise you will not get an interview. It's not that they use them in any way (in most cases), it's just that they need to lower their applicant numbers somehow. Not sure if that answers the question? :smile:

I guess. I know some schools are very strict about predicting even the same grade though, when some schools are like mine - its terribly inconsistent versus just using AS grades.

But then I have similar reservations about the PS so whatever I guess.
Reply 22
Original post by nexttime
I guess. I know some schools are very strict about predicting even the same grade though, when some schools are like mine - its terribly inconsistent versus just using AS grades.

But then I have similar reservations about the PS so whatever I guess.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Unfortunately there are always going to be inequalities in this process, and some candidates have to work harder to get to a level playing field

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending