The Student Room Group

Exceptionally awkward results. Missed my offer.

NNNN.PNG

I missed my offer for maths (A*AA).

How do I apply through clearing with the D?
Original post by DelRiro
NNNN.PNG

I am sorry to hear you aren't happy with your history grade but you should still be very proud of your other grades.
Now you have missed your offer, have you been rejected from both your firm and your insurance?

if this is the case then you can start looking on UCAS at other courses available in clearing. Then when you have a few you like the look of you can ring the Universities and see if they will offer you a place. From 3pm onwards you can pick one course that you would like to accept should you amount offers.

If you would like to speak to a member of our clearing team to talk you through this you can either ring us on 03330 432 414 or you can use our online live chat system if you would prefer.

Just make sure you research the courses and pick the one that suits your criteria.

Good luck
Jack
University of Gloucestershire
Original post by DelRiro
NNNN.PNG

Afraid its a case of phoning places and finding out. My guess is that some places asking for AAB may be willing to be lenient seeing as you have 2 A*'s, with the emphasis on may.*
Just see whats available and if any of the courses or unis interests you and you have the grades for what you want to do. UCAS score.

Weigh that against going now through clearing or resitting and taking a gap year to get into the Uni you want.

Its just a minor blip and you did exceptionally well in the other two but they are quite different subjects.
Reply 4
Why on earth did you take History??? :s-smilie:
If there is nothing in clearing, it is worth considering (under the guidance of admissions tutors, obviously) taking a year out, reapplying and doing some other A Levels - Physics certainly, and perhaps more maths modules dependent on your exam board. The History grade is gutting but the maths grades suggest to me you may well be selling yourself short in clearing for a Maths option.

However, some admissions want all A Levels to be done within a single 2 year period so it is something that bears investigating. Nonetheless it's an extra option to consider.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending