The Student Room Group

Stuck between science and art.

I'm just about to go into Year 13. For a long time I've been stuck between taking Biology at Uni or going and doing art. My heart is in Art however my head is in Biology. Any advice on what I should do?
I'd suggesting asking yourself what you want to do longer term, beyond university. Which course is more likely to get you there?

Also ask yourself which you're more likely to get in to - if you think you'll struggle to get in to one course at uni, then is the risk too much to take?

With the art - why do you like it? Can you study biology, but keep up sufficient art in your spare time to keep you happy?

It might be a long shot, but are there any courses out there combining art and biology? It's an unusual combination, but there are definitely courses like Biology and Dance and Biology and Drama, so maybe some combination of biological sciences and creative arts might be possible.

Maybe check out our UniMatch tool to search courses. We'll be updating it in a few weeks with latest courses, so if there's nothing there now, check back again in a few weeks.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university

Quick Reply

Latest