The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS-level Maths... Anyone else feel like they underachieved? :/

Ok so I don't want any trolls telling me I should have worked harder etc. For the 3 modules I achieved B,C,D (S1, C2, C1 respectively) which gives me an overall 'C' grade for the AS-level. C1 was definitely harder than any past paper exams I had done which is where I lost so many marks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Philip-flop
Ok so I don't want any trolls telling me I should have worked harder etc. For the 3 modules I achieved B,C,D (S1, C2, C1 respectively) which gives me an overall 'C' grade for the AS-level. C1 was definitely harder than any past paper exams I had done which is where I lost so many marks.

YES! And everyone I've spoken to seems to have flopped maths too.

A C for a subject as hard as maths is no small achievement. Be proud :smile:
Reply 3
yh i got a C as well :frown:. I was couple of marks away from a B, i did **** in c1 so i might retake it
Reply 4
Original post by neza99
yh i got a C as well :frown:. I was couple of marks away from a B, i did **** in c1 so i might retake it

and next year is much harder...
Original post by doglover123
YES! And everyone I've spoken to seems to have flopped maths too.

Glad I'm not the only one. It seems like everyone who is posting on the official TSR Edexcel Maths thread achieved 'A' grades. I feel really disappointed :frown:
Original post by neza99

OMG. That C1 paper was like nothing I have ever seen before!! No past paper could have prepared me enough for that! I might retake it as well otherwise I have no hope of getting an overall decent grade for the whole A-level. I cant imagine how difficult C3 and C4 are going to be!

Original post by neza99
and next year is much harder...

I'm really not looking forward to next year. C3 and C4 are going to be so difficult! :/
I might just do D1 as my chosen module to try and make up for the marks I am going to lose from C3 and C4!

Thank you, maybe I am being a little too harsh on myself. I just wanted to achieve at least a 'B' at AS-level :frown:
Glad I'm not the only one. It seems like everyone who is posting on the official TSR Edexcel Maths thread achieved 'A' grades. I feel really disappointed :frown:

OMG. That C1 paper was like nothing I have ever seen before!! No past paper could have prepared me enough for that! I might retake it as well otherwise I have no hope of getting an overall decent grade for the whole A-level. I cant imagine how difficult C3 and C4 are going to be!

I'm really not looking forward to next year. C3 and C4 are going to be so difficult! :/
I might just do D1 as my chosen module to try and make up for the marks I am going to lose from C3 and C4!

Thank you, maybe I am being a little too harsh on myself. I just wanted to achieve at least a 'B' at AS-level :frown:

No I fully understand you! I go to a really good sixth form but I don't know anyone who got higher than a B! I wouldn't compare my grades to anyone on this website tho, cause most people here are really high achievers. You still did well!
Original post by doglover123
No I fully understand you! I go to a really good sixth form but I don't know anyone who got higher than a B! I wouldn't compare my grades to anyone on this website tho, cause most people here are really high achievers. You still did well!

Oh really? I'm self-taught, so feel like I'm completely at fault for the grade I achieved. Not even sure whether to continue Maths to A2 :/
I underachieved in AS maths too... I seriously thought I'd get 85% in C1 and C2 but didn't
I got
C1: B
C2: A
S1: A
overall grade: B lol
Reply 9
I got a B
C1= B ( mark equiv- 78)
C2= C (mark equiv- 68)
S1= B (mark equiv- 79)

I'm so disappointed with this, I thought maths was one of by best subjects and I was also predicted an A in it.

I did the C1 and S1 this year as resits and although i did good i thought those two were harder than normal papers, especially the S1. So dont be too hard on yourself.
I felt like i underachieved too i was predicted an A but got a B
C1 = B
C2=C
S1=B
I got A overall
C1 98 UMS
C2 92 UMS
S1 89 UMS but this was switched with my D1 (96 UMS)
Oh really? I'm self-taught, so feel like I'm completely at fault for the grade I achieved. Not even sure whether to continue Maths to A2 :/

I'm self-taught too! I picked it up in January so I had low expectations to begin with. But yeah I know people getting A's and B's in their mocks who got D's and E's today. If you need maths for your degree i'd keep it and retake a module you think you could do well in, otherwise i'd drop it.
Reply 14
C1: B
C2: A
M1: A

got a B overall, I was only 3 marks off an A so will probably retake C1, I'm glad I'm not the only one who flunked maths
Reply 15
C1: BC2: AM1: Agot a B overall, I was only 3 marks off an A so will probably retake C1, I'm glad I'm not the only one who flunked maths
Hi, I'm self taught too and got B C C (C1, C2, S1). I was so suprised with my C1 result but disapointed with C2. I'm already reading up on C3 to self teach myself A2. I want to eventually go to uni to do maths (although i work full time at the moment)so thinking of retaking C2 next year.
Don't give up. It's almost like learning a new language with no one to talk to and practice with. I've already noticed in C3 that it is much of the same as C2 but in further depth so you will have a good starting point.
Keep going and remember you're learning and getting better all the time.
:-/ yeah but we can resit modules so oh well
Original post by curlytot42
Hi, I'm self taught too and got B C C (C1, C2, S1). I was so suprised with my C1 result but disapointed with C2. I'm already reading up on C3 to self teach myself A2. I want to eventually go to uni to do maths (although i work full time at the moment)so thinking of retaking C2 next year.
Don't give up. It's almost like learning a new language with no one to talk to and practice with. I've already noticed in C3 that it is much of the same as C2 but in further depth so you will have a good starting point.
Keep going and remember you're learning and getting better all the time.

I'm in a similar position to you! It's so difficult to do A-levels whilst working! Do you mind if we stay in touch?

Infact... does anyone else who is self-taught want to keep in contact?
Does anyone know what 93 UMS is for m1??

Quick Reply

Latest