The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

sarbruis
Well it's not like there's much choice when you're coming from outside the country. And I can fit quite a lot into two fifty-pound duffel bags (the limit). Everything I need, really. I may have to buy a pillow and towels, but that's about all, I think.

I don't think you'll need to buy a pillow, colleges usually provide bedding for international students (not sure about towels though).
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
bravenewcentury
I don't think you'll need to buy a pillow, colleges usually provide bedding for international students (not sure about towels though).

Right. I thought it was just linens, though. Isn't everyone provided with bed linens?
Not in most colleges, and I don't think Collingwood will either next year; IIRC it was one of the concessions made so that accomodation fees wouldn't go up by quite as much as the university was originally threatening.

Grey definitely provides bedding for internationals, and I would assume it's uni wide- seems a bit harsh not to, given the quantity of stuff you have to carry in a much smaller space than anybody else.
Reply 23
Yarr, Collingwood don't provide linen starting next year, though some of my friends last year just used their own duvee + pillow covers from home. Dunno if you'd have to wash the sheets yourself, hopefully housekeeping will have replaced the stupid swipe card credit system for washes, where it can only be topped up with £5 notes :rolleyes:

Anyway, you can buy bed sheet packs from the college, the following is from a bills/charges email sent round, you'll get all this info when they start confirming students after results etc:

Linen

The college will not provide linen from September 2007. Students have two options.

1.Provide own linen
2.Purchase linen from College College to be notified of request before 5th September
Email: [email protected]

Bed linen packs include: £35
2 x Pillows
2 x Pillowcases
1 x Duvet
1 x Duvet Cover
2 x Sheets
Bathroom Pack includes: £15
2 x Bath Towels
1 x Hand Towel

Linen should be taken home at end of term

Latest