The Student Room Group

Poor AS results

Hey guys,
So today I received some fairly disappointing AS results. ABB in physics, maths and chemistry, respectively (Only took three because I did Spanish AS in yr 10, and I'm doing the EPQ). I performed averagely at GCSE with 5A*s, 2As and 3Bs and I feel like I've done really badly; I want to study Natural Sciences at Durham, but this seems like a long shot with these grades, am I right? Is it still realistic to think I've got a shot at Durham?
Cheers,
Tom.
Original post by TomMiller28
Hey guys,
So today I received some fairly disappointing AS results. ABB in physics, maths and chemistry, respectively (Only took three because I did Spanish AS in yr 10, and I'm doing the EPQ). I performed averagely at GCSE with 5A*s, 2As and 3Bs and I feel like I've done really badly; I want to study Natural Sciences at Durham, but this seems like a long shot with these grades, am I right? Is it still realistic to think I've got a shot at Durham?
Cheers,
Tom.

ABB is actually a fantastic set of results, so you don't need to worry about them being disappointing :smile: . You will usually be able to pull off a prediction of 1 grade above your AS, so A*AA. If you work hard, match the prediction, you can go pretty much anywhere! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
ABB is actually a fantastic set of results, so you don't need to worry about them being disappointing :smile: . You will usually be able to pull off a prediction of 1 grade above your AS, so A*AA. If you work hard, match the prediction, you can go pretty much anywhere! :smile:

Thank you so much, your words have made me feel a little better 😊. It was just a bit less than i would have wanted. I've just realised I was 1 UMS off an A in maths and 1 mark of an A in chemistry, so I'm thinking of sending off for a remark?
Original post by TomMiller28
Thank you so much, your words have made me feel a little better 😊. It was just a bit less than i would have wanted. I've just realised I was 1 UMS off an A in maths and 1 mark of an A in chemistry, so I'm thinking of sending off for a remark?

Yep, that's a good idea :yep: . Just remember, it's not the end of the world. If you get 1 UMS over the A-grade boundary in the A2 exams, it averages out to exactly an A, so you're actually in a very good position! :h:
Reply 4
Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest