The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Foundation year

Got accepted (was my insurance) as long as I do a foundation year but before I accept the offer was just wondering a few things.
What are the term times like for a foundation year (the same as college or the same as uni)?
Is it the same as a college day ( 9-4~) or is it different?
Thanks for any help.
Reply 1
Original post by calumrobb
Got accepted (was my insurance) as long as I do a foundation year but before I accept the offer was just wondering a few things.
What are the term times like for a foundation year (the same as college or the same as uni)?
Is it the same as a college day ( 9-4~) or is it different?
Thanks for any help.

I'm going to be doing the foundation year in September, the foundation year is held in Carmel college but we're still classed as uni students and are kept separate from the college students so because of this we will have things like half term which most uni students don't have however they try and keep our term times as close to the other uni students as possible so we finish for Christmas and summer at the same time as the rest of the uni, as far as timetables for the day I'm not quite sure what they will be, hope this helps
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by MischaVP
I'm going to be doing the foundation year in September, the foundation year is held in Carmel college but we're still classed as uni students and are kept separate from the college students so because of this we will have things like half term which most uni students don't have however they try and keep our term times as close to the other uni students as possible so we finish for Christmas and summer at the same time as the rest of the uni, as far as timetables for the day I'm not quite sure what they will be, hope this helps

Yeah thats great, is that why on the website it says the courses are 2 semesters long and not 3 because of the half term time we get off and obviously finishing early in summer like uni students do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending