The Student Room Group

AS Level grade CCC - chances of getting an offer?

I got CCC in my AS levels today, and I'm looking at doing primary teaching, most unis require grades of BBB or higher. What are my chances of getting any offers with three C's?
Original post by JessThomas6
I got CCC in my A-levels today, and I'm looking at doing primary teaching, most unis require grades of BBB or higher. What are my chances of getting any offers with three C's?

I know a few people who had worse than that and still got an offer. You need to work hard and get your college to give you decent predicted grades.
Original post by JessThomas6
I got CCC in my AS levels today, and I'm looking at doing primary teaching, most unis require grades of BBB or higher. What are my chances of getting any offers with three C's?

You'll be fine with that, just make sure you make a good impression on your personal statement. I got CDD in my first year and still got offers from uni's such as Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Brunel where i'm now going. Brunel wanted BBB for me to study there but I only got CCC yet they still accepted me, so don't give up on going places and getting offers just make sure you work for it.
Original post by SteveB234
You'll be fine with that, just make sure you make a good impression on your personal statement. I got CDD in my first year and still got offers from uni's such as Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Brunel where i'm now going. Brunel wanted BBB for me to study there but I only got CCC yet they still accepted me, so don't give up on going places and getting offers just make sure you work for it.

what were your A2 predictions ? and what course did you apply for at queen mary ?
What careers will biology psychology and sociology alevel lead me to?

& what careers will biology, psychology and chemistry lead me to?

Which options are better for optometry or politics haven't made up my mind but subjects that will allow me to go down any route
Plz helpthanks
Original post by money-for-all
what were your A2 predictions ? and what course did you apply for at queen mary ?

I took Music, Computing and History and was predicted C,B/C,C for each. I applied for Computer Science at Queen Mary. It really helps if you go to open/applicant days and talk to the lecturers. It can show not only you're interested but you have the knowledge of certain subjects even if your exam grades don't show this. For example I spoke to the senior lecturer in computer science about the project I did for my A2 computing coursework. It showed I knew topics that would be taught at degree level, could talk to the lecturer and for help and tips. If you talk about something you're not 100% sure about ask them if you can email them if you have any extra questions on what to do or a topic you're unsure of. Many staff I spoke to were happy to help over email.

Quick Reply

Latest