The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Has anyone been allocated their accommodation yet?

for 2016 entry, i just got my unconditional acceptance into cardiff to study law and politics today so i dont need to worry about that
now im just waiting for news about where im staying
anyone looking to stay at colum hall or has been given theirs?
Hi, congrats! I got my place today to study English Lang and Lit but haven't been allocated a residence yet-my first choice is Taly South. Apparently we should know within 5 working days :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by emme11
Hi, congrats! I got my place today to study English Lang and Lit but haven't been allocated a residence yet-my first choice is Taly South. Apparently we should know within 5 working days :smile:
congrats! im dying to know
Congrats :smile: I got into Colum Hall but my results came out in July
Haven't heard anything yet, really want either Talybont Court or Colum Hall. Really hoping the fact that those two have been the only ones I've seen confirmed here means they haven't been fully allocated already. Gonna see what I get and if I don't get into those two I'll go from there, I've got a month to sort it out so it should be OK.
Reply 5
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Haven't heard anything yet, really want either Talybont Court or Colum Hall. Really hoping the fact that those two have been the only ones I've seen confirmed here means they haven't been fully allocated already. Gonna see what I get and if I don't get into those two I'll go from there, I've got a month to sort it out so it should be OK.

I applied for residency in April and got my results thursday, people are saying give it 5 days after your results and call up.
I have seen a lot of people who have been allocated colum hall, im losing hope!
Reply 6
Original post by Adelemyqueen
Congrats :smile: I got into Colum Hall but my results came out in July

What are you studying?
Original post by sharna98
I applied for residency in April and got my results thursday, people are saying give it 5 days after your results and call up.
I have seen a lot of people who have been allocated colum hall, im losing hope!

Yep. Makes you wonder what's taking them so long. Things are getting real frustrating now. I wonder if it would be possible to change my third choice from Talybont North to South because from what I've heard North is a bit of a dump.
Reply 8
Yep. Makes you wonder what's taking them so long. Things are getting real frustrating now. I wonder if it would be possible to change my third choice from Talybont North to South because from what I've heard North is a bit of a dump.

Is there anyway to check your choices? cause i applied so long ago i completely have forgotten what i put after colum hall, pretty sure it was the talybonts, everything with an ensuit really lol
Is there anyway to check your choices? cause i applied so long ago i completely have forgotten what i put after colum hall, pretty sure it was the talybonts, everything with an ensuit really lol

Yeah, just go on Sims https://sims.cf.ac.uk/ and log in. Then go to University Residences and then Dashboard.

Though I wouldn't hold up hope for it. Seems Cardiff has allocated all their Colum Hall spaces already which is a really big shame, I'm just hoping it's not the same for Talybont Court but since it's the only other one people have gotten into (some two WEEKS before I could even get the chance) I'm not holding up hope either. You'd think that it wouldn't take that long. I applied on the 1st of May to make sure I would have a better chance.
Reply 10
Yeah, just go on Sims https://sims.cf.ac.uk/ and log in. Then go to University Residences and then Dashboard.

Though I wouldn't hold up hope for it. Seems Cardiff has allocated all their Colum Hall spaces already which is a really big shame, I'm just hoping it's not the same for Talybont Court but since it's the only other one people have gotten into (some two WEEKS before I could even get the chance) I'm not holding up hope either. You'd think that it wouldn't take that long. I applied on the 1st of May to make sure I would have a better chance.

Oh dear, im getting the message "unexpected error", just more to worry about!

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, my stomach dropped, dang, i thought as a law and politics undergrad in an accommodation best for law and politics students i may have got a good chance of getting a room. Quite worried about where i'll be now.
I hope you get allocated soon,
What are you studying?

English literature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending