Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did his feelings change so quickly?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

(Original post by Harold Godwinson)
    It sounds like he is playing mind games with you. Telling you he "loves you"? How can he love you If you haven't even met in person? And spamming you messages like that? No that's just weird. He was probably most likely playing some sick, mind games on you because he was getting a kick out of it. And when you wouldn't say that you love him back, he probably made up a story about meeting someone else just to make you jealous. This has all the markings of some sadistic mind game on it. Sorry to hear this, it isn't fair to be messed around like this, just ignore this douchebag and move on from it.

P.S - I was reading through the comments on this thread and you said he got his "girlfriend" to call you? How do you know that this wasn't one of his friends playing along with the joke? Even if it was his girlfriend, why would she be so willing to break it off with him for someone she doesn't even know and hasn't even met? Maybe you need to find a boyfriend in your own country you can actually physically meet. I know it feels crappy to be single, **** I am too atm. The right person will come along eventually . So hang in there!
    I can never doubt his love for me. On my birthday, he sent me expensive gifts from across the ocean. That is what someone does when they are serious about you. He wanted to marry me.

I have a friend in a similar situation. She always said that she had no feelings for this guy that said he really loved her and they were best friends for such a long time. She told him numerous times she wasn't intrested so one day out of the blue he told her he has a girlfriend. My friend didn't admit it but I knew she was heartbroken. Sometimes it can seem as if you don't like someone because they are not your type or like a brother to you but sometimes it takes losing someone to realise how much you value you them. Tell your friend that you don't want his new relationship to compromise your friendship. Communication is key for any relationship. And ask yourself, are you mad at him for not telling you or the fact that you are no longer his main focus.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh boy! I hope this feeling wears off soon. I feel crappy right now.
    No need to feel bad it's natural that if you lose something you are going to miss it. However, if you do not have the same feelings for him you should not stop him moving on. Also I'm sure sooner or later he will message you asking how you're getting on.

Haha don't worry about it.
    Trust me you're fine
    P.S. As soon as you start to do other things as in as soon as you go back to doing what you do for fun like idk going out with friends, watching shows or whatever you'll feel much better trust me.

Hope everything works out for you
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.