The Student Room Group

AS Retakes 2016

I am in a bit of a sticky situation right now. I have just received my AS results BDD which I am shocked about as you can imagine. I was wondering if i could retake my AS and i was hoping you could tell me what the procedure would be and your thoughts on it i.e the advantages and disadvantages. I am hoping to go to a Russell group to do a course in property, biomed or biological sciences.

Any help would be appreciated!

Any help would be appreciated!
I'm in the same situation. I want to do Biomed at a decent university but got UDD.

Are you following the new '2015' spec were the grades we get now do not go towards our final grades at the end of year 13?
Reply 2
Original post by maggiedavies
I'm in the same situation. I want to do Biomed at a decent university but got UDD.

Are you following the new '2015' spec were the grades we get now do not go towards our final grades at the end of year 13?

Hey there,
Yes i'm doing the new spec. I did the 2016 papers for bio, chem and maths.:smile:
Original post by Ajan123
Hey there,
Yes i'm doing the new spec. I did the 2016 papers for bio, chem and maths.:smile:

I only do Biology in which I got a B?
Do you think there is a point in re-sitting the exam, as this AS grade doesn't go towards anything?

I think I might completely re-take Biology and just try my best to improve in the others in terms of 'A-Level' in year 13.
What do you think you'll do? :smile:
Reply 4
You could consider going into year 13 with low predicted and taking a gap year instead and applying for the year after

Quick Reply

Latest