The Student Room Group

Can I still apply for an AAA uni with ABC? :(

Hi guys!
I got my AS results back today - ABCC, and I'm wondering if there's any point me applying to a uni that wants AAA going into A2 with ABC?
Original post by DustToDust
Hi guys!
I got my AS results back today - ABCC, and I'm wondering if there's any point me applying to a uni that wants AAA going into A2 with ABC?

Yes, you can. Speak to your teachers and see if they're willing to predict you As in your subject even if you didn't smash it this time round.

If they will, get your uni application in with AAA predicted and work your arse off.

I would recommend picking a wise insurance uni just in case. Do your research.

SS
if you have your heart set on that uni i would definitely say to go for it, which the wise insurance as Supersap said - i got CDD in AS, and resat 2 exams and ended up with CCC at A-Level overall and my predicted grade and offer was BCC. You could resit one of the C exams and bump it up to B from that, and in year 13 bump up those two B's into A's. If that doesn't work as well, it might not be the end of the world if you miss AAA by like one grade :smile:
Original post by DustToDust
Hi guys!
Reply 3
Original post by Multifanish
if you have your heart set on that uni i would definitely say to go for it, which the wise insurance as Supersap said - i got CDD in AS, and resat 2 exams and ended up with CCC at A-Level overall and my predicted grade and offer was BCC. You could resit one of the C exams and bump it up to B from that, and in year 13 bump up those two B's into A's. If that doesn't work as well, it might not be the end of the world if you miss AAA by like one grade :smile:

Only one of my AS' actually counts to next year which is the B (reforms suck!!), so I'm just gonna leave the C's as they are but possibly retake one of the exams to try and bump up the B to an A. Thanks for the advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest