The Student Room Group

Quick Q about my A-level result

Hi guys, could someone possibly help me out here? I achieved an A in OCR economics for A-level, my AS UMS was 182 (162 without my resit) and this year I scored 180 for A2, so overall I got 362, my question is why was this not worth an A* grade? As far as I was aware I needed at least 80% overall and at least 90% across the A2 units which I've done? pls tell me if I'm missing something, thanks :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deerly
Hi guys, could someone possibly help me out here? I achieved an A in OCR economics for A-level, my AS UMS was 182 (163 without my resit) and this year I scored 180 for A2, so overall I got 362, my question is why was this not worth an A* grade? As far as I was aware I needed at least 80% overall and at least 90% across the A2 units which I've done? pls tell me if I'm missing something, thanks :smile:

That is strange, I've just looked up your spec and you should have been awarded an A* to my understanding - you have indeed got 80% or greater overall as well as 90% across A2, so you should have got an A* - contact your school about this.
Reply 2
Original post by Deerly
Hi guys, could someone possibly help me out here? I achieved an A in OCR economics for A-level, my AS UMS was 182 (163 without my resit) and this year I scored 180 for A2, so overall I got 362, my question is why was this not worth an A* grade? As far as I was aware I needed at least 80% overall and at least 90% across the A2 units which I've done? pls tell me if I'm missing something, thanks :smile:

I thought that for OCR you had to have 90% in both AS and A2 to get an A*..? That's how it worked for my OCR History.
Reply 3
Original post by Deerly

If you have got at least 320UMS and at least 180 from the A2 units you should have an A*. Double check your arithmetic (and that you really are looking at UMS scores and not raw) and then talk to your school.
Reply 4
Original post by britmj
I thought that for OCR you had to have 90% in both AS and A2 to get an A*..? That's how it worked for my OCR History.

On the OCR website it says an A* is awarded to those who achieve an A overall (80%) and 90% in A2. But even so if I needed 90% at AS my 182/200 UMS is just over 90%
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
If you have got at least 320UMS and at least 180 from the A2 units you should have an A*. Double check your arithmetic (and that you really are looking at UMS scores and not raw) and then talk to your school.

Thanks, I'll check over everything to make sure I'm not just missing something obvious lol :P The papers were only out of 60, so I don't think I'm confusing raw marks with UMS, I've only been using the values on the results sheet. If anyone notices a mistake please let me know otherwise I'll pop into school on Monday :smile:

F581(AS): 94 UMS
F585(AS): 88 UMS (Resit was 68 UMS)
AS= 182/100 UMS 91%

F582(A2): 100 UMS
F583(A2): 80 UMS
A2= 180/200 UMS 90%

Overall UMS= 362/400 90.5%

Quick Reply

Latest