The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

can i transfer to a different uni after 1st year????

so basically i got my grades BBC and went though clearing. i got an offer from hertdfordshire university to do optometry but its really far from my house in london but i dont asnt to move out so i was thinking about transfering to city university after 1st year to do the same course optometry do you think they would let me ??
how likely is it ??

thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by wannabemeds
so basically i got my grades BBC and went though clearing. i got an offer from hertdfordshire university to do optometry but its really far from my house in london but i dont asnt to move out so i was thinking about transfering to city university to do the same course optometry do you think they would let me ??
how likely is it ??

You should ask City what their policy is on transfers. Some courses are not suitable. You would also need to do well.

Imo better apply to the uni you want and start there from the beginning. If you have to wait then go and earn some money. or get experience.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by wannabemeds
so basically i got my grades BBC and went though clearing. i got an offer from hertdfordshire university to do optometry but its really far from my house in london but i dont asnt to move out so i was thinking about transfering to city university after 1st year to do the same course optometry do you think they would let me ??
how likely is it ??

You'll have to ask City if they allow transfers, because even though it's the same course your modules may be different in both unis, and they may want you to take certain modules before moving onto second year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending