The Student Room Group

AAD prediction HELP

I just got an E in my spanish AS meaning i will predicted a D. with my other subjects it means I will be predicted AAD what universities should I apply for? Is it worth applying for universities with standards offers of ABB? Or should I go lower like BBC? Or should I wait until my A2 results to apply? Please help I'm so confused about what to do as this was really unexpected
Original post by bookworm2107
I just got an E in my spanish AS meaning i will predicted a D. with my other subjects it means I will be predicted AAD what universities should I apply for? Is it worth applying for universities with standards offers of ABB? Or should I go lower like BBC? Or should I wait until my A2 results to apply? Please help I'm so confused about what to do as this was really unexpected

Have you considered retaking some of the Spanish exams and sweet-talking your teachers into predicting you another B? That way you can apply as per usual in September :yep:
Those are some open questions! What subject are you planning on applying for? There are universities that will accept you with AAD, maybe have a browse on UCAS Course Search? :smile:
Original post by Nirgilis
Have you considered retaking some of the Spanish exams and sweet-talking your teachers into predicting you another B? That way you can apply as per usual in September :yep:

I've emailed my Spanish teacher and have a meeting with my college in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed. I just hope that they will predict me a B and I can achieve that at A2 as i really want to go to Liverpool. Thanks for the advice
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Those are some open questions! What subject are you planning on applying for? There are universities that will accept you with AAD, maybe have a browse on UCAS Course Search? :smile:

I want to do Classical Studies or Classical Civilisation and I have been looking there but the standard offers either seem to be AAA, ABB or BBB-BBC
Original post by bookworm2107
I want to do Classical Studies or Classical Civilisation and I have been looking there but the standard offers either seem to be AAA, ABB or BBB-BBC

Ahh, that's frustrating. In that case you've already done the best you can by contacting your teachers to see if they can predict you higher. In the mean time prepare for that meeting by figuring our how you can prove your Spanish result next year. D to B or A is quite a jump so you will have to fight tooth and nail for it. Best of luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest