The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bluefish X
Do you know if you used 2016 papers or 2015? Because I had mocks using the 2015 paper last year when you couldn't get your hands on them so I think they'll be using 2016 paper for mocks this year because only teachers can access them. I just wonder if that is the same for you.

I'll most likely be using the 2016 paper's for my mocks in January. The mocks I've just had varied within the years so some paper's were from 15, 14, 13.
Original post by _gcx
Not bad for no revision! :smile:

Thanks.
When are your mocks and when will you be starting to revise for them?
Original post by haseeb798
Thanks.
When are your mocks and when will you be starting to revise for them?

I am doing my mocks in January.

I don't know when I'll start revising -- I'm making notes now, but I haven't started "revising" (ie. practicing) yet.
Original post by _gcx

For non-reformed specifications: the 2016 paper.

For reformed specifications: The specimen paper (probably a locked set)

If they use the 2015 papers -- they are calling for people to cheat :P :P

Thank you
I'll most likely be using the 2016 paper's for my mocks in January. The mocks I've just had varied within the years so some paper's were from 15, 14, 13.

Thank you
How many a levels is everyone doing? I heard they have changed it to 3, even for medicine and dentistry. I'm planning on doing 3. Chemistry, Biology and psychology or RE (not decided yet). If I had to choose a forth AS I would probably do PE or maths.
Original post by JTran38
:woohoo: Happy Birthday to @Lemur14 :woohoo:(From the Year 11 thread ... )

How many a levels is everyone doing? I heard they have changed it to 3, even for medicine and dentistry. I'm planning on doing 3. Chemistry, Biology and psychology or RE (not decided yet). If I had to choose a forth AS I would probably do PE or maths.

I'm doing 4. As far as I'm aware, my school requires us to do 4 :/
Original post by _gcx
I'm doing 4. As far as I'm aware, my school requires us to do 4 :/

Yh it also depends on what your school want you to do. I will be applying to another school as my school is new and doesn't have a six form yet. I think the school that I will be applying to wants me to do 4 a levels. Im not sure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1029
Yh it also depends on what your school want you to do. I will be applying to another school as my school is new and doesn't have a six form yet. I think the school that I will be applying to wants me to do 4 a levels. Im not sure.

In most cases, they would require you to do 3 A Levels with the most able doing 4 A Levels but if they require 4 A Levels, be prepared to work even harder to NOT get mediocre grades as that wouldn't be great. Good luck with the application(s).
Original post by ayesha36j
Oh cool I'm a person who like essay writing maybe that's why i want to be a lawyer. Has anyone worked in GAME I want to work there for work experiance

I think you're doing work experience for the wrong reasons if you want to do work experience in game. It's meant to give you experience of real life working environments, similar to what field you want to go into, not just something's that meant to be fun. It's like doing work experience in McDonalds. Most employees at game get paid minimum wage and it's not any more fun than a normal retail job. You might as well go work in Argos.
Original post by BobBobson
I think you're doing work experience for the wrong reasons if you want to do work experience in game. It's meant to give you experience of real life working environments, similar to what field you want to go into, not just something's that meant to be fun. It's like doing work experience in McDonalds. Most employees at game get paid minimum wage and it's not any more fun than a normal retail job. You might as well go work in Argos.

^ this.

I doubt that you'd enjoy stacking shelves at game anyway, few people would. Do something more related to your aspirational field, @ayesha36j.

I'm doing four (gonna do Medicine but yeah, it requires only 3 for all the unis I looked at). I'm thinking Chemistry, Biology, Maths and either Psychology or Further Maths.
Original post by _gcx
^ this.

I doubt that you'd enjoy stacking shelves at game anyway, few people would. Do something more related to your aspirational field, @ayesha36j.

Ok thanks I'll certainly think about it
Does anyone know the kind of things I can do (that's not work experience) when I want to take English Lit at uni? I help out with the school magazine and I've done a few poetry things, so I'm really looking for something out of school 🤔
Reply 1035
[QUOTE=bxcks_;68248282]Does anyone know the kind of things I can do (that's not work experience) when I want to take English Lit at uni? I help out with the school magazine and I've done a few poetry things, so I'm really looking for something out of school 🤔
Does it have to based on volunteering? I guess you can do some blogging or joining a debating society ...
Original post by JTran38
Does it have to based on volunteering? I guess you can do some blogging or joining a debating society ...

Hmm yeah I've heard that blogging is good but I have no idea what to blog?🤔
Original post by JTran38
In most cases, they would require you to do 3 A Levels with the most able doing 4 A Levels but if they require 4 A Levels, be prepared to work even harder to NOT get mediocre grades as that wouldn't be great. Good luck with the application(s).

For medicine I don't think they have changed it. I think they still require 4 AS but they might change it to 3. They have increased the number of applicants for medicine as there aren't many GB doctor's and have stopped doctors from other parts of the world from working in the UK.
What do you want to do at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For medicine I don't think they have changed it. I think they still require 4 AS but they might change it to 3. They have increased the number of applicants for medicine as there aren't many GB doctor's and have stopped doctors from other parts of the world from working in the UK.
What do you want to do at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Medicine never required 4 AS. It just most people take 4AS but it has never been a requirement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobBobson
Medicine never required 4 AS. It just most people take 4AS but it has never been a requirement

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I never knew that.

Latest