The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

How many A*s are required in AS level to get into LSE to study economics?

I have passed GCE O levels with 5A*s & 5 As.Am I in a competitive position for applying to LSE? Out of 4 subjects in AS,how many A*s are required for me to be suitable to be selected for economics in LSE?
Original post by Reeasa
I have passed GCE O levels with 5A*s & 5 As.Am I in a competitive position for applying to LSE? Out of 4 subjects in AS,how many A*s are required for me to be suitable to be selected for economics in LSE?

Well you can't get A*s at AS so I suppose just 3/4 As?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Reeasa

I'm pretty sure A* does not exist for AS level, so just As really
Reply 3
Ok then how many As are required for being suitable to be selected by LSE for economics?
Original post by Reeasa
Ok then how many As are required for being suitable to be selected by LSE for economics?

Well since to get an A only requires 80% UMS then to get the best predicted grades, and therefore the best chance of acceptance (subject to a strong personal statement), then you should ideally get As in all AS subjects, especially maths. Having said this, I'm generalising massively and there are always anomalies and circumstances that defy this.
Reply 5
Does LSE provide scholarships? And is Olevel result important for entrance?
I am going to LSE this year, I got in with 3A*s and 5As at GCSE, AABC at AS Level. I ended up getting an offer for straight Econ, and then managed to get A*A*A at A2.

Honestly, you need a good personal statement to back up your passion for the subject. Let the grades supplement you!
Original post by thelion786
I am going to LSE this year, I got in with 3A*s and 5As at GCSE, AABC at AS Level. I ended up getting an offer for straight Econ, and then managed to get A*A*A at A2.

Honestly, you need a good personal statement to back up your passion for the subject. Let the grades supplement you!

Wow that's great! What sort of things did you talk about in your personal statement?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending