The Student Room Group

I re-took A2 Exams. Now at University. AMA

Scroll to see replies

How likely is it that you will name your potential future child Steve? This question is gender neutral. Give your answer to four significant figures and provide sufficient reasoning.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rajive
Was your third a level, maths?

Yes. Sorry I didn't mention that in my post. My A-levels were Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Maths was the one I never re-sat as I had an A in it.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Did you mention you were re-sitting on your application?

Nope.
Reply 23
Original post by alexjones1994
Yes. Sorry I didn't mention that in my post. My A-levels were Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Maths was the one I never re-sat as I had an A in it.

Did your GCSEs play a role? What were they like?
Original post by Rajive
Did your GCSEs play a role? What were they like?

Im not too sure. Not too bad, not the greatest ngl. 4 A*, 4A and 1B.
I applied:
Birmingham
Sheffield
Manchester
Loughborough
Nottingham

I knew Loughborough, Sheffield and Notts would likely take me on ABB hence I applied there :smile:.

Thanks for the reply! Did you get offers from all 5 of them or only 4? :biggrin:
What exam board did you sit maths with? (I'm in a similar position)
Omg im in exactly the same situation but I messed up my grades a lot more than you did I was originally predicted AAA and got an offer from Birmingham for chem eng but didn't meet the requirements I am now resitting but my college are not giving me predicted grades and I don't want to apply to these top unis with my bad grades
Original post by Applepiex3
What exam board did you sit maths with? (I'm in a similar position)

Edexcel Maths
Original post by Roshany
Omg im in exactly the same situation but I messed up my grades a lot more than you did I was originally predicted AAA and got an offer from Birmingham for chem eng but didn't meet the requirements I am now resitting but my college are not giving me predicted grades and I don't want to apply to these top unis with my bad grades

Why not? Thats strange.
Why not? Thats strange.

Idk :frown:

when in the year did you start revising and what did you do?
what did you do for the rest of the year?
Reply 31
Not sure if you've already said this but what predicted grades were you given when reapplying and did you have to put down you A2 grades?
this isn't related to your alvel resits; but rather to your uni years. how did you keep on top of studies during the years? i'm just about to start 2nd year (obtained a 2.1 in first) and i'm wondering if i should be reading ahead or anything similar and also how to balance this year right to come out with a 2.1 or first. cheers.
Original post by Roshany
Idk :frown:

when in the year did you start revising and what did you do?
what did you do for the rest of the year?

During my resit year? Just did it slowly, like 1-2 hours a day. Just chilled tbh haha.
Original post by rhoxc
Not sure if you've already said this but what predicted grades were you given when reapplying and did you have to put down you A2 grades?

Nope. Just predicted
Original post by theDanIdentity
this isn't related to your alvel resits; but rather to your uni years. how did you keep on top of studies during the years? i'm just about to start 2nd year (obtained a 2.1 in first) and i'm wondering if i should be reading ahead or anything similar and also how to balance this year right to come out with a 2.1 or first. cheers.

No need to read ahead imo. Just read your notes in evening; thats what I did.

Quick Reply

Latest