Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Repeat 3rd year after a gap finance?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I have been on an undergraduate psychology degree for the last 3 years. I failed the final year due to health problems and will need to retake it. However it would be in my best interests to not repeat it this coming year but to take a year out to concentrate on rehabilitation (I suffered a painful back injury).

    I am aware that SFE fund the length of the course +1 year but I am wondering if that year needs to be successive or if it can be a year further in the future?

    Many thanks in advance for any help.


    Hi Sofi,

    The year does not need to be consecutive. You can apply for finance when you wish to retake your 3rd year. The calculation that will be used will be:

    The ordinary duration of the course you are on + 1 gift year - the years you have previously studied.

    So for example if your psychology course is 3 years the calculation would be 3+1-3=1, this would mean you still have another year of funding to repeat your 3rd year.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 19, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.