The Student Room Group

Days off for trips during term time

Hi! I've just got my timetable through for my new course which I'm super excited to be doing. Its got me in a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.

However last year before I knew I would be attending college I booked two short trips which would see me away on Wednesday PM & Thursday on my second full week, and Tuesday & Wednesday in my fourth or fifth.

I want to be upfront and honest with my course leader about this and send them an email now before induction advising of these dates - but I'm so worried this will give them an awful first impression of me.
I could just self-cert both days as sickness once Ive had them, but this doesn't give a great impression either and I would much rather just be honest.

Does anybody have any advice or previous experience in a similar situation?
College you say. I think it might be ok to do that however I agree you'd have to make up for it by being serious when you're work and definitely always getting your work in. At university I definitely would never do that. I suppose it depends how seriously you take college.
Reply 2
I'm totally serious about the course and will work my ass off through the year. It's just these dates I'm not going to make. I wouldn't be worried if I was staying on at the same college as last year as I already have that relationship with the lecturers and they know how hard I work. Do you think I should make my course leader aware?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending