The Student Room Group

Are these A level grades good?

Hi, these are the A level grades I recieved today ACC in history, geography and psychology. I also got an A* in extended project and an AS English literature Grade C. I have gotten into my first choice uni, which is Hull, but still can't help thinking these are bad grades and will set me back when applying for future jobs. Are they decent or shouod I resit some in my first year at uni?
Reply 1
Of course they are! If you have met the requirements for the course then you are very qualified to do it. Are you looking forward to Hull?
Original post by learningaddict
Hi, these are the A level grades I recieved today ACC in history, geography and psychology. I also got an A* in extended project and an AS English literature Grade C. I have gotten into my first choice uni, which is Hull, but still can't help thinking these are bad grades and will set me back when applying for future jobs. Are they decent or shouod I resit some in my first year at uni?

Don't resit them in the first year of Uni, you really won't have the time or will-power to do well in them. You have an offer of a degree, which is fantastic, so focus on doing well in that degree. If employers are very picky, because they need to differentiate between 2:1 candidates, then they might look at A-level results, but I have only heard of this happening in the Investment Banking/Finance sector, so I wouldn't worry too much. In 3 years time, no-one will even remember how they did in A-levels, since it won't matter! :tongue:
Yeah. I guess it is just upsetting to know all your friemds got Bs or As and i didnt.

Quick Reply

Latest