The Student Room Group

Tesco Nights Flexi-contract

Ok, so I've been working at tesco for about a year and recently moved to nights. I'm contracted to work, 10-7 Tuesday to Friday, which is perfect for me.

But since last month, I've been getting 'a lot' of overtime it's starting to leak into my weekends and it's killing my personal time along with my social time plus all of the stuff I have to do at home, I'm sleeping then going to work and it's a repeated pattern all week long.

I've discussed with my manager to see if I can guarentee my Saturday off so I could have somewhat some of a social life and she replied: "Ha, Welcome to nights". So the following day I woke up early and spoke to our personnel manager and I explained to her that I'm being given riddiculus overtime that's taken up my social time etc.. She saw my point and said that I will be resigning my avalability sheet with my manager, following shift comes and I don't get my avalability resigned and nothing changes.

I can't keep working these hours... 😥
Reply 1
I've been working at Tesco for more than 4 and a half years and its always been like that in every department cause the whole business is chronically short staffed at store level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending