The Student Room Group

Why am I so stupid.

Basically last year I failed my AS Levels and got EEEEU. So I decided to resit the whole year for a chance of improving. So today I got my AS results for a second time and got CDDE which is still as bad. However I can carry on into year 13.
BUT what I want to know is what uni is going to accept me with a fail the first time and **** grades the second time round....
Please help 😭
Original post by ZainF123
Basically last year I failed my AS Levels and got EEEEU. So I decided to resit the whole year for a chance of improving. So today I got my AS results for a second time and got CDDE which is still as bad. However I can carry on into year 13.
BUT what I want to know is what uni is going to accept me with a fail the first time and **** grades the second time round....
Please help 😭

I'm sure you didn't order a self-pity party so let's not start one love.

Well clearly there's an improvement anyway, so you're not stupid as you've showed an improvement.

I think it is a good idea to carry onto year 13 and pull your weight up a lot more and work extra hard. You can at least aim for BCC maybe?

Also, some unis don't look at grades and only ask for UCAS points anyway. So it's not the end of the world. I would consider dropping the subject you got an E with because it will be no point to do 4 A-levels anyway.

I think your grades are decent enough to improve hon!
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
I'm sure you didn't order a self-pity party so let's not start one love.

Well clearly there's an improvement anyway, so you're not stupid as you've showed an improvement.

I think it is a good idea to carry onto year 13 and pull your weight up a lot more and work extra hard. You can at least aim for BCC maybe?

Also, some unis don't look at grades and only ask for UCAS points anyway. So it's not the end of the world. I would consider dropping the subject you got an E with because it will be no point to do 4 A-levels anyway.

I think your grades are decent enough to improve hon!

Na youre right i dont want pity i need advice 😂
Im gomma try and aim for at least minimum 3 Bs and i cant drop that E as i already do 3 subjects and the extra D was just genral studies.
Im gonna start looking at unis with low grades and UCAS points today
Just stop doing A-levels. Trust me you will be so much better off doing an apprenticeship than struggling with A-levels year after year. You will start earning money and do better in your studies as well. A-levels are so overrated TBH, a apprenticeship is way better than BBB.
I would suggest the OP does a 2 year BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma. It is equivalent to 3 A Levels. No revision for exams, just continual assessment via coursework, projects, group work and presentations to the class. 200 hours in the first year and the same again in the second year of work placement experience. You can keep re submitting an assignment and get it marked by a tutor who will tell you where to improve your grade ,right up until the hand in date for that assignment. Many unis now accept BTEC as an equivalent qualification to A Levels. BTW, the BTEC Level 3 [not Extended Diploma] is only worth 2 A levels, so just make sure if you are thinking of doing this, that you do one that has the most valuable qualification.

Quick Reply

Latest