The Student Room Group

Can my U grade move to an A* with remarking?

I consistently got A*'s in philosophy, in both essays in and outside of class... I wrote over 70 essays the week before the exam, getting A*'s on all of them... but somehow... I managed to get U in the exam... I wrote very similar answers to those I've written before and I directed my focus to the question: I picked apart the question and added much complexity using the majority of the course content given plus a lot of extra detail I found... I evaluated ideas and related them to the question... there is no obvious way I could have gotten a U so I'm fairly confident there was a problem with marking
It is possible, at this point now that you have a U, you literally have nothing to lose by getting a remark
Original post by Kody Marley
I consistently got A*'s in philosophy, in both essays in and outside of class... I wrote over 70 essays the week before the exam, getting A*'s on all of them... but somehow... I managed to get U in the exam... I wrote very similar answers to those I've written before and I directed my focus to the question: I picked apart the question and added much complexity using the majority of the course content given plus a lot of extra detail I found... I evaluated ideas and related them to the question... there is no obvious way I could have gotten a U so I'm fairly confident there was a problem with marking

I heard that someone got a C that went up to an A (for AS) but with 90+ UMS, so it's worth a shot, I guess! Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If what you are saying is true then, its worth a remark.

What did your teacher(s) say about this?
Reply 4
Original post by Blackstarr
If what you are saying is true then, its worth a remark.

What did your teacher(s) say about this?

They said they think there has been a serious fault in the marking because 2 girls in my year which are normally A* level both also got U's also
They said they think there has been a serious fault in the marking because 2 girls in my year which are normally A* level both also got U's also

Get a priority remark in and after the check ask for your paper back.
I knew a person who went from a U to an A* with a remark, because the markers had somehow forgotten to mark the majority of his paper! It's definitely worth a shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow,

Then, yes, get that remark ASAP

Quick Reply

Latest