The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

IELTS 5.5 writing for UNI OF GLASGOW?

Hi there,

does anyone have any experience with getting accepted to the Uni of Glasgow with IELTS 5.5 in one of the individual bands? My boyfriend received his results today and it's Overall band 6.5 with Listening 6.5, Reading 7, Speaking 6.5 and Writing 5.5. The official requirements are overall band at least 6.5 with no individual band less than 6.0. Is there a possibility that he gets accepted if his Writing is half a point lower than requirements? Thanks
It'll really depend on how strict the uni is and whether it's a uni requirement or an immigration requirement. Your best bet is to email the uni and ask. They're the best people to advise.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I have the same issue did he got accepted or he need to do another test?
I’m Italian, my friend now studies at Oxford. She did the IELTS test, which she passed but she had to redo the writing test as her mark was low (Idk what it was but I think 5.5)
Anyway she got accepted when she redid the writing part and got a higher mark
Previously studied in UoG as an international student and took my IELTS. I would highly recommend you to reach out to the admissions team and ask them. They usually reply very promptly and are very helpful. If they don't accept it, try retaking it again, you might get a better result. Or ask if they accept another test (eg: SATs, GRE, TOEFL etc), if your bf scores better in the other types of tests, he might be able to use that instead- but always ask if it's accepted before actually paying to take those tests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending