The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Biochemistry at Queen Mary PREP?!

I will be starting Biochemistry in queen Mary university in september and I wondered what to expect,
For current biochem students; how are classes/lectures?
How difficult is it? be honest >.<

Any tips on how I could start to prepare? any books u recommend for introduction? Things to look out for or keep ahead of ?

Also, for any qmul students whats the university like to study in?

Thank you!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ranz
I will be starting Biochemistry in queen Mary university in september and I wondered what to expect,

Any tips on how I could start to prepare? any books u recommend for introduction? Things to look out for or keep ahead of ?

Hello! Please check here: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/coursefinder/courses/79986.html and click the 'profiles' tab to see what some biochemistry students had to say about their course!
I loved studying at QMUL and loved being so close to central London (without it being too busy). We have such a wide range of students and so many societies to find like-minded people. Let me know if you have any other general questions! -Sarah
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Queen Mary University of London
Hello! Please check here: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/coursefinder/courses/79986.html and click the 'profiles' tab to see what some biochemistry students had to say about their course!
I loved studying at QMUL and loved being so close to central London (without it being too busy). We have such a wide range of students and so many societies to find like-minded people. Let me know if you have any other general questions! -Sarah

Thank you so much! Im looking forward to it! Do you know where I can find any book suggestions to start prepping for biochemistry? thanks! :smile:
Original post by ranz
Thank you so much! Im looking forward to it! Do you know where I can find any book suggestions to start prepping for biochemistry? thanks! :smile:

I would recommend tweeting the school @QM_SBCS
-Sarah
Reply 4
Hey congrats on getting in to qmul. I'm also going there in September and wanted to know more about the course.

Original post by ranz

Original post by ranz

Original post by mahdm001
Hey congrats on getting in to qmul. I'm also going there in September and wanted to know more about the course.

Hey CONGRATS to you too! I'm also starting in September. How are you feeling? :tongue:
Original post by ranz

Hey! Congrats, hope to see you there :tongue: What Alevels did you do?
Reply 7
Original post by Sunshine98
Hey! Congrats, hope to see you there :tongue: What Alevels did you do?

Heyyy! I did chem, bio and maths wbu? :biggrin:
I'm going to do biochemistry at qmul this september as well we should all maybe do something so we know each other before starting
Reply 9
Original post by AdmiralAckbarkek
I'm going to do biochemistry at qmul this september as well we should all maybe do something so we know each other before starting

That's a great idea. We could make a group on Facebook or whatsapp for biochem students
Reply 10
Original post by AdmiralAckbarkek

same
That's a great idea. We could make a group on Facebook or whatsapp for biochem students

Sure but i dont have fb but whatsapp would be fine i guess
ok whatsapp it is then. Dm me your number if you want and ill create a group
ok whatsapp it is then. Dm me your number if you want and ill create a group

aye alright
Reply 14
heyy! I'll be doing biochem this sept as well! nice to meet you all :biggrin:
Hey guys😂 I'm kinda glad I've found this because I'm kinda scared to start cause I know nobody 😭😂 hope you're all good! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Helincinar7
Hey guys😂 I'm kinda glad I've found this because I'm kinda scared to start cause I know nobody 😭😂 hope you're all good! :smile:

hey! are you also going to qmul? and what course?
Reply 17
Original post by nicxx
heyy! I'll be doing biochem this sept as well! nice to meet you all :biggrin:

hey! are you ready? we start 19th and i have no idea how to get ther elol
Hi!
I'm going to be starting biochemistry at QM too! Super excited but nervous haha
Reply 19
Original post by Zarreena
Hi!
I'm going to be starting biochemistry at QM too! Super excited but nervous haha

hey! are you ready? im nervous too to be honest because I have no idea what the degree involves lol!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending