The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Liberty court

Has anyone been offered accommodation at Liberty court or lived there in the past?

I am quite concerned as it is 25-30 mins away from campus. What will be the impact of this socially and for my daily life?
Reply 1
Hi Robsox,I never lived in liberty court, I lived in Shackleton in my first year, but many of my house mates this coming year came from liberty court. Yes, it is a little further out, and it can disadvantage you socially a tiny bit, but university is as social as you make it. My house mates had great flats who they all got on with, and that became their core group of friends, and if your worried bout not being sociable, join as man societies, or a sport and you make so many friends that way. Whilst the Vale has lots of halls on it, you tend to just stick to your own hall really. Unless your in Shackleton like i was, and then everyone forgets you exist! Also the Duck and Scholar on the vale is overrated, i spent maybe 4/5 evenings there tops.

Ultimately, if you don't enjoy your halls you can apply for a move in your first term. Many people drop out for various reasons, so after a month or two and before the end of term 1, there is usually space to move from one hall to the other.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by jxh499
Hi Robsox,I never lived in liberty court, I lived in Shackleton in my first year, but many of my house mates this coming year came from liberty court. Yes, it is a little further out, and it can disadvantage you socially a tiny bit, but university is as social as you make it. My house mates had great flats who they all got on with, and that became their core group of friends, and if your worried bout not being sociable, join as man societies, or a sport and you make so many friends that way. Whilst the Vale has lots of halls on it, you tend to just stick to your own hall really. Unless your in Shackleton like i was, and then everyone forgets you exist! Also the Duck and Scholar on the vale is overrated, i spent maybe 4/5 evenings there tops.

Ultimately, if you don't enjoy your halls you can apply for a move in your first term. Many people drop out for various reasons, so after a month or two and before the end of term 1, there is usually space to move from one hall to the other.

Thank you for replying

I feel a lot better about it, from what I've seen most people seems friendly so luckily I'll have a positive experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending