Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

[PLEASE HELP] Does Imperial accept second time A2 results?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

A2 finisher here

-I have conditional offer from Imperial for Computer Science undergraduate(3 years)
    -A2 results were released yesterday and I didn't make it
    -The requirements are A* for Maths, A for Further Maths, A for Physics and Grade 2 in STEP I.
    -I got A* for Maths, A* for Further Maths, B for Physics and Grade 1 in STEP I.
    -So as you can see two of my subjects are above requirements while one is below the requirement.

-My total UMS in Physics is 472, 8 marks away from A.
    -And because of the B in Physics, neither Imperial nor Warwick(which is my insurance choice) accepts me.

-So now, instead of Clearing, I am thinking about taking a one-year A-Level(which is, apparantly taking two years' A-Level in one year) and apply for Imperial again.

-(Already asked for remarks and waiting for the results.)

-So my question is that, does anyone think this is a good idea? And will Imperial accept second-time applicants? Will I be at a significant disadvantage here? Are there anyone with similar situation?

I don't think being a re-applicant puts you at a disadvantage but what is your one year A level in? Are you retaking?

(Original post by alleycat393)
    I don't think being a re-applicant puts you at a disadvantage but what is your one year A level in? Are you retaking?
    My college (Bellerbys College Brighton) offers One-Year A-Level which is essentially two-year A-Level, except you squezze everything into one year.

And since I've just finished A2(of the "regular two-year A-Level"), I supposed it is probably a form of retaking...

But anyway, do you think maybe the bar will be higher, or that the A-Level grade requirements I receive(that is, if I receive a conditional offer again) will be higher? Because obviously when Imperial goes over my UCAS application, they will be able to see that I've already finished A-Level once...

If you're essentially retaking then you should be fine.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.