The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Hi everyone,I will be attending Carmel College to do the Computer Science foundation year in September. :biggrin:

After doing some digging on TSR, most of my initial questions have been answered however I still have a couple, so to any past students or those who will be attending alongside me:

1. The college is clearly quite a distance from the main campus so what is the best option in terms of accommodation? I know that the college recommends on-campus, but are there any better alternatives? (I've seen a few good ones; Prodigy Living, Urban Bubble, etc.)

2. What is the best option in terms of travel to and from the college? I know this will depend on accommodation location but I just wanted a rough idea.

Thanks in advance for any replies, I look forward to meeting some of you next month :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by blxnka
Hi everyone,I will be attending Carmel College to do the Computer Science foundation year in September. :biggrin:

After doing some digging on TSR, most of my initial questions have been answered however I still have a couple, so to any past students or those who will be attending alongside me:

1. The college is clearly quite a distance from the main campus so what is the best option in terms of accommodation? I know that the college recommends on-campus, but are there any better alternatives? (I've seen a few good ones; Prodigy Living, Urban Bubble, etc.)

2. What is the best option in terms of travel to and from the college? I know this will depend on accommodation location but I just wanted a rough idea.

Thanks in advance for any replies, I look forward to meeting some of you next month :smile:

I think that in terms of getting there its like 45 minutes on the bus from the main accommodation at the uni, theres only 1 bus that does the route as well. Or you can obviously get accommodation nearer to the college but would just mean missing out on halls.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
I knew a chap who did the same thing but lived at Carnatic. He said it was a very long bus jouney, but he only seemed to have to do it 3 or so times a week. Then again he may have just been missing stuff!
I'm doing the computer science foundation year also. For me i initially applied for the uni accommodation but then decided to rent a place in St Helens which actually works out a lot cheaper. Also i thought it would be best to go into halls when i'm actually doing the first year of my course.
I was actually going to post something on here to see if anyone wanted to share a flat but i thought that may be a bit weird,
Reply 4
Original post by ThatWierdOne
I'm doing the computer science foundation year also. For me i initially applied for the uni accommodation but then decided to rent a place in St Helens which actually works out a lot cheaper. Also i thought it would be best to go into halls when i'm actually doing the first year of my course.
I was actually going to post something on here to see if anyone wanted to share a flat but i thought that may be a bit weird,

Thats what i was thinking of doing as well but I think i might and try and get halls for 2 years if I can. Might be a bit more expensive but hoping to get a job while I do the foundation year to save up a bit.
Reply 5
Also doing comp sci entry this year! When I was looking at halls most people suggested the 10 bus or train! Decided on living in chester and commuting via car as journey only works out 5 mins longer than the bus and a lot cheaper overall. And not fighting for a seat and having my own music is a bonus :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending