The Student Room Group

A male working for a female brand ?

a female fashion brand just scheduled an interview with me next week. Its a marketing position, probs my first job after graduation if i got lucky.
I feel like the interviewer would ask me like "Why would a male marketer work for a female brand?"

how should i address these question?
Say your gender has no bearing or importance here and you can still appreciate different styles, fashion and the skills you have learnt from university you can still put to good use here
A simply response like the one above is fine. Be mature and simple, yet show knowledge on the subject.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
right,im sure i do have a leverage since the company has given me a chance to present myself, but what if the question is like " Why should we choose you over a female graduate ?" or perhaps "How could a male marketer benefits a female brand?"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cage94586
right,im sure i do have a leverage since the company has given me a chance to present myself, but what if the question is like " Why should we choose you over a female graduate ?" or perhaps "How could a male marketer benefits a female brand?"

If it's phrased like that then maybe you could suggest that being male, and therefore not being someone with a personal interest in the brand, would allow you to take a step back and look at what would appeal to women as a whole rather than focusing on your personal opinions or targeting only those who are similar to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending