The Student Room Group

Heeeelllllppp how will you open your results-gcse

im contemplating on where i am going to open my results. my favourite teacher wants me to open it with him (inside where everyone else is), i've promised my friends that we'll open them together (i think somewhere a bit more secluded)
but i'm thinking that i should open them alone-any advice?-

where are you going to open your results?
Original post by Questions4367
im contemplating on where i am going to open my results. my favourite teacher wants me to open it with him (inside where everyone else is), i've promised my friends that we'll open them together (i think somewhere a bit more secluded)

It's probably best to do it alone or with a teacher. It's not always great to do it with friends because some will be disappointed while others will be happy, which can be difficult if it's all at once.
Original post by Thatduck
It's probably best to do it alone or with a teacher. It's not always great to do it with friends because some will be disappointed while others will be happy, which can be difficult if it's all at once.

How did you open up your results if you have already
does anyone have any high expectations for you

I'm really worried about where I'm opening them... I'm going back and forth about it but something might come over me and I might just open them straight away with everyone else :biggrin:
Reply 4

I would say open them there. Picture this scenario:

You have been predicted an A* in a subject that you really love. You felt the exam went really well and you're confident on an A*.

You open the result and get a B.

NOW picture:

No one in your year got an A* or an A.
All the coursework was marked down.

If you do not open them there you will not know that nobody got an A* or an A, nor that coursework was marked down. Therefore you will spend the rest of your day crying about that one grade. It's better to be there to talk to your teachers because, if anyone, they will know what has gone wrong. Not google, not TSR, you need to be with your teachers in a situation like this.

just do what is best for you, if they're your real friends they'll understand!

Quick Reply

Latest