The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Does Durham cater for vegans?

I will be starting at Van Mildert college in October, but I'm concerned about whether there will be a vegan option at every meal. I was reassured by a student at the open day that there is catering for vegans, but now i'm getting worried and need to make sure.
Bump
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by simbasdragon
I will be starting at Van Mildert college in October, but I'm concerned about whether there will be a vegan option at every meal. I was reassured by a student at the open day that there is catering for vegans, but now i'm getting worried and need to make sure.

Yes, special dietary requirements can be met for vegetarian, vegan, halal, kosher, gluten-free, nut allergies or other options according to the catering.
Original post by Lockton
Yes, special dietary requirements can be met for vegetarian, vegan, halal, kosher, gluten-free, nut allergies or other options according to the catering.

Thankyou! That link is for postgrads, I assume it's the same for undergrads? Ive read conflicting instructions, do you know whether I should email the head chef beforehand or whether I should tell him when I get there?
Reply 4
Thankyou! That link is for postgrads, I assume it's the same for undergrads? Ive read conflicting instructions, do you know whether I should email the head chef beforehand or whether I should tell him when I get there?

Ah yes, sorry about that! For undergraduates the catering information is the same so it looks like they do cater for all vegans. The university even has its own vegan society so I think you will be fine. I would try and find the head chef whilst you are there in person.
Original post by Lockton
Ah yes, sorry about that! For undergraduates the catering information is the same so it looks like they do cater for all vegans. The university even has its own vegan society so I think you will be fine. I would try and find the head chef whilst you are there in person.

Thankyou for your help!

Thats actually a really good idea, email them and ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending