The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Should I attend the Welcome to Warwick event for international students?

So basically I have been thinking if it is worth the extra money (accommodation, meals, activities charges etc) since there will be a freshers week right after the Welcome to Warwick event anyway. I think the only concern I have is police registration, but I have already done it 2 years ago when I began my studies in the UK so I am not sure if I need to to that again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bibimbab
So basically I have been thinking if it is worth the extra money (accommodation, meals, activities charges etc) since there will be a freshers week right after the Welcome to Warwick event anyway. I think the only concern I have is police registration, but I have already done it 2 years ago when I began my studies in the UK so I am not sure if I need to to that again.

Do YOU want to attend the event? You should be the one to really answer it. Either ways, you have the option to choose what you pay for. I'm not sure what you mean by activity charges but I'm very sure that the timetable of events is free :smile:.

If you can manage to cook, you don't have to pay for the meal package or if you feel that you would never spend £63 on breakfast and dinner within three days then you can also forgo it. There will also be people that'll not be willing to pay for this so you can just all go somewhere and eat.

As for the coach pick up, although it is debatable, I feel like there are much cheaper options especially if you're using Bham airport. You can check other ways you could get to the uni on your own, ( train (tickets booked in advance would be soo cheap), a cab arrangement or even a coach bus. I heard that one bus goes directly to the uni but do not hold me on this.

If I'm to recommend anything worth paying for, I would suggest the accommodation plan because as an international student, it will be much better to just settle into your room at the beginning, claim your fridge and shelf spaces and all that, get familiar with buildings and paths etc.

There will be a freshers week alright but who said you cannot have two? (sorta)
Hope I helped x
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending