The Student Room Group

Grade appeals

So yesterday I got my AS results and was disappointed to see I had underachieved in computer science. I did a lot better in all my mocks and assessments as I was consistently hitting A's. After speaking to a family member she said that she once got A's in her mocks and got a C in her final exam then appealed and got the A from her mock (This was in Scotland though). So I'm wondering whether this is possible for me because I really don't feel like this is a true reflection of my ability in computer science.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Shad47
So yesterday I got my AS results and was disappointed to see I had underachieved in computer science. I did a lot better in all my mocks and assessments as I was consistently hitting A's. After speaking to a family member she said that she once got A's in her mocks and got a C in her final exam then appealed and got the A from her mock (This was in Scotland though). So I'm wondering whether this is possible for me because I really don't feel like this is a true reflection of my ability in computer science.

You could request to see a copy of your paper, and then decide if you want to get a remark.
Original post by Shad47

No you cannot be awarded your mock grade just because you didn't perform well in the real exam. If you think it has been marked incorrectly you can ask for (and pay for) it to be remarked but there is no guarantee it will improve.

Quick Reply

Latest